Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Diagnostic Software Connection Issues

Nettoguy

Post by Nettoguy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:35 pm

I have just joined this Forum-a newbie so be gentle!

I have a 2016 181bhp S-Drive. The car is in at the Indy shop, with a central electrical failure. This includes Multi Restraint system issues and a boot that will not open. All in all a bit of a mare and going to a a large dent in the wallet.

I have acquired some diagnostic software based on a K=Dcan interface connector. Accompanying this connector are the usual programmes, INPA, Dis V57, Dr Gini and more. Trying to connect INPA gives me a blinking ignition light, no connection. Dis gives an error message relating to a poor connection, no connection with the car. Dr Gini gives a communication error, no connection with the car. This raises the question is there an issue with my installed programme Ediabas, the proprietary communication protocol for these programmes to operate. This I am investigating.

Back a the Indy shop I was told such a late car operates on F series electrics albeit being an E series car. This being the case I would need Psdzata files and an ethernet cable, used on the F series cars and above? It could explain why my software will not connect to the car.

Anyone with any suggestions-much appreciated.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:39 pm

Well I'm afraid to say I'm a 20th Century Luddite, so no use to you whatsoever I'm afraid.
However, I would like to welcome you to the forum, hope you get the answers you need and your car fixed as cheaply as possible.
Oh and once it's out of intensive care, we do love photos on here.
Good luck with it all.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:43 pm

Hello..the E89 can be accessed by both the old ‘legacy’ apps and the new ones ...

So your set up should work ok...

However, many of those cheap OBD to USB cables are crap..a technical term...many connection issues arise primarily from poor quality DCAN connectors..

A classical issue is that the com port number on the usb / serial port emulator is not correctly assigned to the s/w ..did you check that?

Nettoguy

Post by Nettoguy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:54 pm

As you are a senior member, I better call you Mr. Pbonda!

Not quite sure what s/w stands for but have set usb port to Com 1 and legacy to 1, as per instructions. There seems to be lots of people complaining of poor D-Kcan leads.

Thks,

Nettoguy

Post by Nettoguy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:01 pm

enuff_zed -Thks

Nettoguy

Post by Nettoguy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:01 pm

enuff_zed -Thks

tintoverano

Post by tintoverano » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:24 pm

I can check your setup, let me know
mSport 23i
Coding Help, Stubby, Remap, K&N filter, Cruise Ctrl, Reverse cam, Instrument Cluster Color, UR front brace, CDV delete, Android on CIC, Roof Module, LSD

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:48 pm

I bought a lead And software for my E89 and spent days trying to get it working, even had the seller remotely check my installation, turned out to be a faulty lead!
When the 2nd lead arrived it worked 1st time
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather