Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Stickers

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stickers

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:50 pm

I am looking at getting some stickers done, for the rear window of the zed. I know this isn't to the taste of all, but please let me know if you would be interested.

Here are some examples of what I was thinking of...

What do you think about them?
What font do you prefer?
WWW or no WWW?

A few guys here have had ones from mini2.com and they look good...

What about size... how big or small would be best?
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

carl

Post by carl » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:00 pm

Can you get the two cars in, like at the top of the forums? It's nice to have some sort of logo.

Personally I'd go for two sizes, one large (say 12") for people to attach to rear window, bodywork, etc. And a smaller one (maybe 4") for more subtle places (corner of rear window, rear quarterlights, etc.)

You need to also consider whether they should be sticky on the back or the front.

I prefer this case: http://www.Z4-forum.com, or this: http://www.z4-forum.com. The MINI one is in caps because MINI is officially what the car is called (not Mini). Hate the first font shown above, something plainer is better.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:47 pm

Good points, thanks!

I'm with you on the case front... although "z4" looks odd because the 4 is much bigger than the z.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:49 pm

similar to the mini ones, clear background, so it can be stuck inside the rear window, around 9", static fix not glue, ive had a play around.........
SOLD 2006 Z4 ///M Roadster in Imola Red....As seen below
http://www.pbase.com/elliot_d/bmw_z4_m

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:51 pm

Not sure we can get them static fix, but the normal sticky is not too difficult to remove. Idea is to have them reversed, so they go on the inside of the window.

Will also need to check if we can mix colours... had originally planned on white.

carl

Post by carl » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:15 pm

Even if they're only done in white you could get the silhouette of the highlights on the Z4 bodywork which would look cool.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:17 pm

yeah, will see what options we have... I'm getting these done quite cheap, so I need to establish what we can get for the money.

Cheers,

J

561design

Post by 561design » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:59 pm

Sp3ctre,

Can't we just use a positive/negative version of your avatar? I don't like any of the text based ones as posted above. They're either hard to read or don't have any umpf to them. A rather plain sticker for a not so plain car.

On another note. There is a frosted glass vynil that looks great when applied from the reverse side of the glass.
Charles
flickr

Shunt

Post by Shunt » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:05 pm

I always thought my old Z3MC sticker was subtle enough:

Finished in silver / grey with mild adhesive.
Aston V8V

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:55 pm

Shunt wrote:I always thought my old Z3MC sticker was subtle enough:

Finished in silver / grey with mild adhesive.
That looks good... where did you get it done, and what size/font is it?

:)

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:00 pm

561design wrote:Sp3ctre,

Can't we just use a positive/negative version of your avatar? I don't like any of the text based ones as posted above. They're either hard to read or don't have any umpf to them. A rather plain sticker for a not so plain car.

On another note. There is a frosted glass vynil that looks great when applied from the reverse side of the glass.
am not quite sure how that'd work, and now too sure how it would fit in on the rear window. I have seen the frosted effect you are referring to, and that looks pretty good, but mainly for larger emblems.

Shunt

Post by Shunt » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:49 pm

I didn't sort that one but I'll ask the man who did. Let you know....
Aston V8V

Yal

Post by Yal » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:59 am

my top is mostly down while driving (damned California weather) but i'd put one on my wind blocker. Was thinking bout getting the roadster one from roadster solutions, or whoever sells it.

Citation 650

Post by Citation 650 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:16 am

Yal wrote:my top is mostly down while driving (damned California weather) but i'd put one on my wind blocker. Was thinking bout getting the roadster one from roadster solutions, or whoever sells it.
I have the Roadster Solutions model. Keith is offering a small discount now.