Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hi all, Z4c query

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
jedi_mind_trick

Hi all, Z4c query

Post by jedi_mind_trick » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:45 pm

Hi all :thumbsup:

After test driving a Z4C and loving it last year, i'm finally in the position to buy one, and just after a few tips re the purchase.

Are the dealers struggling to sell the coupes?

When is the best time to purchase?

and what sort of discounts should i be looking for on a used model via BMW UK

Thanks all :thumbsup:

20ducks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 20ducks » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:30 pm

Good luck in your quest and welcome to the forum!

jedi_mind_trick

Post by jedi_mind_trick » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:35 pm

thanks for that,

As far as i can see, the same z4c's always seem to be in the BMW group website. This might show that they are having a little trouble selling them at this time of year.

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:57 pm

First...Welcome To The Forum... :thumbsup:
I know that my local BMW dealer has not sold but a couple of coupes and they are not ordering any for stock where they always have a few 3.0 and M roadsters around.
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

Wondermike

Re: Hi all, Z4c query

Post by Wondermike » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:30 pm

jedi_mind_trick wrote:Hi all :thumbsup:

After test driving a Z4C and loving it last year, i'm finally in the position to buy one, and just after a few tips re the purchase.

Wouldn't have thought you need to spend more than £26k for a nice one. Supply exceeds demand so you should be able to take your pick, and the dealers should be willing to barter with you.

What age/spec/£££??

jedi_mind_trick

Post by jedi_mind_trick » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:43 pm

Wondermike wrote:
jedi_mind_trick wrote:Hi all :thumbsup:

Wouldn't have thought you need to spend more than £26k for a nice one. Supply exceeds demand so you should be able to take your pick, and the dealers should be willing to barter with you.

What age/spec/£££??
looking @ a November 2006

spec: Not looking at that much spec, but upgraded hi-fi and alloys would be good.

Been looking at the sports which are now coming up at around £26895.

I've always thought that the dealership adds on £1000 for safety so is it possible to pick up a used coupe for £25500?

Had a look in the local stealership and the young 'cocky' saleman thinks that they can't keep up with the supply :| or is that just sales talk?

Gauss

Post by Gauss » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:14 pm

Theres only about 10,000 coupes in the world.

And of those only a very small amount are ///Ms.

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:17 pm

jedi_mind_trick wrote:...Had a look in the local stealership and the young 'cocky' saleman thinks that they can't keep up with the supply :| or is that just sales talk?...
:lol: in his dreams maybe - what a tool. The only coupe where supply and demand are close is the MK2 Audi TT.

Remember you can buy one from somewhere else, depending on what price you agree they'll deliver the car to you or provide you with train/flight tickets to go and collect it. I've done this with my last two cars.

Oh, and for that kind of cash I'd be expecting a fairly well specced Sport, probably on an 07.

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:46 am

jedi_mind_trick Welcome to the 4um from the other side of the pond!

Good luck with the purchase. Can't wait to see pics of your new toy when you get her. :camera:
Member ZSCCA

Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Rick Hunter » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:17 am

jedi_mind_trick... use the force, you must. Only then will you realize the Zed that is yours.
'07 Imola Red Image Coupé

jedi_mind_trick

Post by jedi_mind_trick » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:16 pm

Rick Hunter wrote:jedi_mind_trick... use the force, you must. Only then will you realize the Zed that is yours.
But my powers can only work on people with a weak mind.

So off to the dealership it is then :rofl:

jedi_mind_trick

Post by jedi_mind_trick » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:19 pm

Wondermike wrote:
jedi_mind_trick wrote:...Had a look in the local stealership and the young 'cocky' saleman thinks that they can't keep up with the supply :| or is that just sales talk?...
:lol: in his dreams maybe - what a tool. The only coupe where supply and demand are close is the MK2 Audi TT.

Remember you can buy one from somewhere else, depending on what price you agree they'll deliver the car to you or provide you with train/flight tickets to go and collect it. I've done this with my last two cars.

Oh, and for that kind of cash I'd be expecting a fairly well specced Sport, probably on an 07.
so i could find a car that is for example 242 miles away. ring up the dealer ship and say "The Z4C for sale. talk to me" and they'd be willing to negotiate on the phone?

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:02 pm

jedi_mind_trick wrote:so i could find a car that is for example 242 miles away. ring up the dealer ship and say "The Z4C for sale. talk to me" and they'd be willing to negotiate on the phone?
Yep no worries, goes on more than you think. If you do decide to do it this way, make sure you get everything confirmed in writing - full spec / condition / options / mileage / copy of logbook/etc.

chaz

Post by chaz » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:49 pm

From what I hear they are having a bit of difficulty in moving the Z4C.

This is backed up by the fact that BMW are offering support on contract hire deals. I’m due to get mine in Sep and can’t wait. :drool: The paperwork I have here shows a fairly large discount to enable them to get to the figures they quoted me.

If it’s a new factory order your going aim for 10% and you won’t be far wrong!

marriedblonde

Post by marriedblonde » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:01 pm

As others have said you will easily be able to get a decent deal on a coupe from the dealers. 10% is very easily achievable, more if your prepared to stand your ground.

Regarding second hnad prices I would want a decent discount of a £27K sticker price!

J.
Married and blonde, yes. But also a guy with a poor taste in usernames.