Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

My loaner

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
flyboyaj

Re: My loaner

Post by flyboyaj » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:51 am

Teresa, err um, I mean FNI, totally agree with you. I had a 335i while waiting for my repairs after my close encounter with the deer kind and everything you said about it is right on. Also drove one in the drive for the cure. In addition to your comments, I could never get comfortable in the seat. I tried every seat position I could and just couldn't get comfortable. So I didn't like the seat. My 318ti was a better car than the 335i loaner I had. A solid BMW machine, nonetheless, just not fun enough for me.
Last edited by flyboyaj on Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member ZSCCA

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:06 am

fire-n-ice wrote:Oh yea, my pumpkins: they are a little harder to grow here and these turned out pretty good I think.
I thought it was warm in Georgia, they should be easy to grow, no?

I would have thought the autobox on the 335 was better than a manual, but you didn't like it :thumbsdown:

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:19 pm

Isn't the American version de-tuned like the other models over there though?
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Well, let me add in my two cents, since I was following her yesterday (isn't too often you get to stare at a F-n-I's rear end :lol: ). Let me start off with the fact that the 335i is a sedan, which means that there is body roll whenever it is in a corner of any substance. The acceleration, on the other hand is phenomenal. At a roll (70'ish MPH), she was able to leave me behind fairly quick if I was not paying attention, especially if I was just cruising in 6th gear. To be able to keep up, I was forced to drop into 4th and use the higher RPM range to maintain a close distance. The 335i and my Z4M are almost identical in regards to HP and it shows on the streets. The 335i is definitely a car that will surprise the unknowing individuals out there, but in the long run, it is still a sedan that I would not want for a spirited drive through the country (i.e. twisties).

Cheers!
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:05 pm

ovrkll wrote:Well, let me add in my two cents, The 335i is definitely a car that will surprise the unknowing individuals out there, but in the long run, it is still a sedan that I would not want for a spirited drive through the country (i.e. twisties).

Cheers!
Very well said, ovrkll :thumbsup:

FNI, when are you getting your Zed back? Oh, wait, I'll go check the problems section, maybe the answer is already there. :punch:
Member ZSCCA

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:21 pm

Hey Mike, it's warm here yes, but the soil isn't easy to prepare and keep balanced for a healthy happy pumpkin to grow, takes a little TLC is all :wink: . If your soil isn't right, you'll get crap for a garden. All we have here is clay, so prepping is everything. C'mon over and I'll give you one, they're delicious :)
With regards to the 335i, the power is tremendous, I did give it that in my initial review. But it's almost as though it's got too much power without the body to disperse it in a fun way. Well, fun to me, it's objective I know. I was a nice car, but not for me.
I don't know why the m/s didn't perform the way I thought it might, just didn't do it for me.
Still, it's nice to abuse other people's cars :D ,
T.
In loving memory of TJ. "618 - Out of service and at home"

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:43 pm

Ah, I see, thought it was more straightforward than that. Look at this, some good tips here http://www.bigpumpkins.com :lol: look at this bad boy

And you're right, it's always nice to abuse someone else's car :D

BMW^Z4

Post by BMW^Z4 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:06 am

:driving:
Sterling grey ,108 starspoke, alarm,KW v3 suspension,clear lights,cd/mp3, ipod 20GB, hardtop,manual,wind deflector, aerodynamic package, silver trim,Michelin pilot sport tyres, cruise control etc ...