Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Parrot MKI9200 install....

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Hotride

Re: Parrot MKI9200 install....

Post by Hotride » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:22 am

Beancounter1980 wrote:Anyone had any problems with this and the carver?

also Hunter does your MFSW control the Parrot?

RalphyBMW

Post by RalphyBMW » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:21 am

You need a Parrot Unika interface kit to make the MFSW work.

un1eash

Post by un1eash » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:22 am

I dont know how you will get this to work with the Carver as the Parrot basically has its own built in amp which it uses when you make calls and play music through it. To connect it to a standard radio it uses an ISO Y split loom which allows the parrot to switch between the radio as a source and itself.

Because the carver system has its own amp in the rear and all the speakers connect to this its more difficult if not impossible to integrate a parrot system.

Ive just installed this kit in my mates Range Rover Vogue which has a system very similar to the carver and the only way to do it was add an extra speaker to the centre for the parrot system to use but then its only good for phone calls with one speaker.

Hotride

Post by Hotride » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:55 pm

I was talking to someone who knows a little something about parrot systems, and they seem to think i can add the iso Y cable to switch/ mute stereo, and then add an Aux cable from the parrot to the cd changer port in back of head unit, that way the sound will play through all speakers high quality? or so im told. i was also told i will need a ignition sensor cable to tell the parrot when to switch on/off. does this sound accurate to anybody?

its about 50 pounds worth of cables tho, makes the job a bit more expensive but if it will definitely work i will go for it... just want some confirmation lol

Hotride

Post by Hotride » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:04 am

Bump... anyone have this with carver DSP???