Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

US Configurator Now Available

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Re: US Configurator Now Available

Post by Rick Hunter » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:29 am

WLH wrote:Rick Hunter, I am sure that is their thinking but will the cars sell at those prices?
Time will tell... :?
Perversely... I think it will. :sly2:

Generally speaking, low end and high end goods usually see a relatively inelastic demand during recessions while everything else in the middle sees a lot of elasticity. The Z4's pricing will still hook in the affluent regardless. They just now have an extra choice in their pocket (instead of only the SLK, 911, etc.). That being said, though... the pricing is still an EPIC FAIL.

Beyond that though... I still wouldn't buy the new Z4 even if the price was $40k or less. The principles of the original car has now gone tits up.
'07 Imola Red Image Coupé

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:32 am

Rick Hunter wrote:Beyond that though... I still wouldn't buy the new Z4 even if the price was $40k or less. The principles of the original car has now gone tits up.
That Is For Damn Sure... :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

rabman5

Post by rabman5 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:44 am

WLH wrote:
Rick Hunter wrote:Beyond that though... I still wouldn't buy the new Z4 even if the price was $40k or less. The principles of the original car has now gone tits up.
X-3

TxMike

Post by TxMike » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:31 am

rabman5 wrote:
WLH wrote:
X-3
Well, if it was $40K, it might make sense. But I priced out a very nice 335 convertible for less than the Z. BMW is crazy.
GreetingZ from Fort Worth TexaZ!
2003 Sterling 3.0i Sport