Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wheel Gallery

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
The Badger

Wheel Gallery

Post by The Badger » Tue May 20, 2014 9:44 am

Hi everyone someone recently posted a link to a website which shows pictures of all BMW alloy wheels by model number but I cant find it.... can anyone help it was so handy ?

Also just been offered a set of M Sport 18" (e46) wheels and tyres in great condition how will they look on my Z and does anyone know the offset info of my current wheels which are the original 103's will these M sport wheels fit ?

Help

BT
x

sk93
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Wheel Gallery

Post by sk93 » Tue May 20, 2014 9:49 am

:zzzz:

si-forks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by si-forks » Tue May 20, 2014 10:01 am

Was it me and this site
http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/

sent by galaxy S4 on tapatalk
E85 Z4R 3.0si 2006 current:
Audi A3 saloon TFSI DD
Harley Davidson FLH 1969

The Badger

Post by The Badger » Tue May 20, 2014 10:20 am

si-forks wrote:Was it me and this site
http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/

sent by galaxy S4 on tapatalk
YEAH !!!! that's it brilliant many thanks !

Just a bit concerned this Z lark is all new to me so a steep learning curve with regard to wheels really struggling as I know absolutely F**K all about wheels tyres engines I am afraid a "Key at one end and a Fuel at the other end" type of guy so its garage for everything !

My worry is I buy some 2nd hand wheels with naivety which are bolloxed hence why I had considered Brand New MV2 replicas ? now these M Sport (e46) wheels have come up at only £250 ? and on here you guys don't seem to like the replicas ?

Arghhhhh its like a mine field....

Any help from anyone would be great - what to look for on 2nd hand wheels etc

BT
x

The Badger

Post by The Badger » Tue May 20, 2014 1:15 pm

Are replica wheels so bad ?

jarhead

Post by jarhead » Wed May 21, 2014 8:15 am

Badger, it's not that replicas are bad but why put them on if you can afford the originals? (Think CSL originals which cost over a grand against the reps which cost half that). 250 for a full set of MV2s is actually a very good deal as if bought singularly it would set you back twice that.

Question is, are they in good condition (no scuff marks,kerbing, cracks, welding, lacquer peeling). I if they all are, fantastic and even if they're not absolutely mint you can still have them refurbished at approx £55 per wheel which would still serve you better than replicas.

If you decide to sell your car or the wheels at a later date, genuine would always be a bonus above reps. Gregg
Black and beautiful 3ltr auto for fun
Peugeot 508 SW for daily use
Stripped out E46 330ci for track days