Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Airbag Light reset??? Help!

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Apache_Z4///M

Airbag Light reset??? Help!

Post by Apache_Z4///M » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:06 am

Hi all,
My first post and already Im asking for help!!

I decided to fit some LEDs into the doors of my Z4///M, but i the process discontected the door airbags, now everything is back together the bloddy airbag light is on!
Ive booked the old girl into the dealers to have it reset, as the car is still under warenty I was hoping they will sort it without a charge, but my question is: will they know from plugging into the OBC that the airbags had been disconected, because if so I will come clean with them and say I have been fiddling, but if there diagnostic computer cant tell I will let them reset it without saying a word!

What are your thoughts? Any help would be great.

Oh, the LEDs look great.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Airbag Light reset??? Help!

Post by cj10jeeper » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:35 am

So you disconnected the airbag and turned on the ignition. tut tut. I did exactly the same :wink:

The answer is yes . The dealer will hook it up and go through the list of codes. It will tell them which airbag and they will clear the code and reset it.

I see no reason not to tell them you had the panel off. It's no violation of warranty to look at say upgrading door speakers.

You'll be lucky to get it free - the usual cost is £40+
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills