Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

PDC - Does it really work?

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

PDC - Does it really work?

Post by Adamski » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:17 pm

Update - now home, cleaned the door and scrutinised the damage.

There's still a dent, but some dirt on the car against the natural curve of the door made it look far worse than it was :oops: :oops:

I've edited my rant in my original post. Should have had a proper look at the car before heading to work this morning... :oops: ho hum

Quotes for PDC came in today at £75 from Dent Devils and Auto Dent. Does this sound reasonable? Might get a few opinions on what to do at the Moffat Meet next Saturday as the damage doesn't get captured too well in a picture...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Re: PDC - Does it really work?

Post by andysat » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Sounds reasonable mate :thumbsup:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:05 pm

I used DingMaster who took a sizeable dent out of my Ford's door when some bugger hit and ran in my company car park. They do paintless and some have a paintshop as well. They were absolutely brilliant and you can't tell where the dent was.

Hope the CCTV footage shows it, our showed a well filmed spiders web...
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

Nickm

Post by Nickm » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:12 pm

It works amazingly well if you use a good firm. I use A1 Dents and they have come out to my various cars over the years maybe 10 times.....always perfect.

I had a 25Cm crease on the E89 wheel arch after a week of having it. £50 later, as good as new. As long as the paint isn't broken, it's easy

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:14 pm

Nickm wrote:It works amazingly well if you use a good firm. I use A1 Dents and they have come out to my various cars over the years maybe 10 times.....always perfect.

I had a 25Cm crease on the E89 wheel arch after a week of having it. £50 later, as good as new. As long as the paint isn't broken, it's easy
Wow that was cheap! :thumbsup:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

Z4 Beemer

Post by Z4 Beemer » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:15 pm

Yes, about £75 sounds right. I think it was £80 I paid on 2 occasions - once for the rear panel (above wheel arch) on the Zed from Dent Devils and used this chap for the bootlid on my A1: http://www.sldentrepair.co.uk

Both did a fantastic job, and I would recommend Stephen @ sldentrepair. I think with Dent Devils you are relying on how good the local guy is.

No traces that a dent had ever been there in both cases.
Current: 2016 Audi S3 :: Navarra Blue
Gone: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i :: Deep Sea Blue
Gone: 2004 Z4 2.2i SE :: Maldives Blue

Nickm

Post by Nickm » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:01 pm

Between £50 and £70 is average.....