Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Heads up- 3///MC's on Autotrader

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Darren Slone » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:51 pm

Just having a look on Autotrader and there are 3 ///MC's on there from 14-15K, between 60-67,000 miles, that's a lot of car for the money if they check out well, my friend has an E46 M3 with 80K on and it's still going strong, what do you think?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Last edited by Darren Slone on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Adamski » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:54 pm

I see plenty of E46 M3s with over 100k on the clock for sale. They do sell, so there must be a market for high milers.

What's the general opinion on mileage? How high would you consider to be too high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster

deka

Re: Heads up- 3///MC's on Autotrader

Post by deka » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:13 pm

sold my last car with 147k on the clock and it ran like a dream, it had on previous owner and full service history when i sold it...... to be honest i think history is more important than miles but would prob draw the line at 200k
E89 2.5I Blue rubbish wheels
Gone But not forgotton. Z4 06 roadster 2.5 Midnight blue Hardtop black heated leather, stubby, phone kit, 108's PDC. ZHP

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Adamski » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:18 pm

When I bought my zed, anything under 100k would been ok, provided the car's condition was good enough and the service history was there etc.

The one I bought had 66k on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:26 pm

The middle one looks in awful condition. The paint is so swirled it's semi Matt finish! The last one is gorgeous though. If I saw a genuine white one, with a carbon roof I would be seriously thinking about raiding the piggy bank for a Coupe to go with the Alpina...
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

oli445

Post by oli445 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:23 pm

My Z's on 102,000 and passed the MOT recently without even an advisory! I can see why people are out off by high milers but provided they have been looked after properly, it shouldn't be an issue. The problem is, when they haven't been looked after, or when the owner tries to use the mileage as an excuse for any marks, blemishes or problems, they are basically agreeing that their car is a shed of an example. On the other hand, If a cars got high mileage and is in tip top condition, at least you know its been cherished!

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:21 pm

While I agree that high mileage cars are not automatically bad, especially when well maintained you need to consider a balance of mileage and age. Things that you'd not expect as a normal service item simply wear out and become collectively expensive to fix. Randomly I'd list engine mounts, suspension parts, steering rack, door hinges, seats, steering wheel, carpets and so on.

Sometimes the balance tips against the high miler unless you want it as a classic...
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

peddy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by peddy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:22 am

40k miles max for me, but then on the other hand no less than 3k x age.