Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

So....Vegas

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
CaZ4

Re: So....Vegas

Post by CaZ4 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:15 pm

what if we slide our seats forward, recline them all the way and slouch a little? :wink:
Might be a little uncomfortable while driving though...
Andrew and Julie

IMZ4N

Post by IMZ4N » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:46 pm

CaZ4 wrote:what if we slide our seats forward, recline them all the way and slouch a little? :wink:
Might be a little uncomfortable while driving though...
I wonder if we could take our cars and track with the motorbikes. They obviously have no such requirements. :rofl:
Last edited by IMZ4N on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IMZ4N

Post by IMZ4N » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:56 pm

I have been looking for a few days on possible drives. Here is what I have come up with.

15 miles from Vegas

http://www.americansouthwest.net/nevada ... n/nca.html

53 miles from Vegas

http://www.americansouthwest.net/nevada ... _park.html

Looking at some maps there are a few roads in AZ that would take us towards the Lake, however I have never been on those roads and have no idea what they are like.

This one is a bit of a streach, ET highway, doesn't look like much to me. :roll:

http://www.ufo-hyway.com/375tour/375tour01.html

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:39 pm

Your first one is an excellent choice, that's where I meant by red rock canyon. I haven't been to Valley of Fire yet....perhaps next weekend. Haven't been on ET highway either. Well it's 6am, the girl I was making out with decided to leave me hanging so I'm going to bed. Goodnight ya'll.

Oh, if you want pics, check all over, maybe myspace, probably everywhere's by the week is out.....I saw lots of cameras flashed on us.
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4

IMZ4N

Post by IMZ4N » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:45 pm

Access: Nevertheless there are rather more access points to the shoreline compared with Lake Powell, especially the section northwest of Hoover Dam which has various beaches, campsites and marinas. In Nevada, road NV 167 (Northshore Road) runs fairly close to the water for 40 miles passing through colorful, empty scenery with a dozen side roads leading towards the water of which three are to developed marinas: Callville Bay, Echo Bay and Overton Beach. The surrounding desert is characterised by gaunt mountain ranges with occasional bright red or orange sandstone outcrops - Valley of Fire is the most spectacular, and also worth exploring, but harder to reach, is the Bowl of Fire, a few miles north of the road near the Callville Bay turn-off. Another scenic location is Whitney Pockets in Nevada.

The Shoreline: There are also several roads leading to beaches on the south edge of the Lake Mead - at Temple Bar, reached by a lonely 28 mile drive along a side road off US 93 south of Hoover Dam, there is a lively marina with an RV site and plenty of colorful desert scenery. Further east, a longer road leads through forests of Joshua trees to Pearce Ferry, at the far east of the lake where the Grand Canyon begins (or ends). However, the northeast section of shoreline between the Virgin and Colorado rivers remains virtually unvisited - it may only be reached by driving along many miles of dirt roads across the Shivwits Plateau in northwest Arizona, land which is part of the new Grand Canyon-Parashant National Monument.

http://www.americansouthwest.net/arizon ... d/nra.html

http://www.go-arizona.com/Vermilion-Cli ... nic-drive/

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:25 am

Ok, as I alluded to in the other thread, my plan was to go this weekend and check out these roads gathering time/distance and all that fun stuff. I've been under the weather lately so that hasn't helped. Good things about plans, they get broken....f'n murphy's law. Anyways, can't go into details but i'm working the whole weekend. I'll have Monday off so I may get one or two of these spots visited but don't hold your breath. One of the other things is I need new tires, which I'm going to try to squeeze in tommorow, but I don't even know if the place will have my falkens.

That said, work is going to be hell for me for the next couple months, lots of stuff happening that may cause me overtime. If ya'll want to squeeze an event in before the March 7 one then I'll do my best to help/attend.
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4

IMZ4N

Post by IMZ4N » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:53 pm

Aebous,

Not to worry. For all the reasons above, this is why we talk about it and have not set any dates. We can plan this another time. We can join in on ///M Fest. I will start another thread on ///M fest and life goes on. I normally do not plan much till mid March or so depending on what the weather has been like. Snow in the mountains, eats up alot of nice roads. Two roads have been closed due to unstable hills, with the rain we have had. I don't want to have a group of cars out and fall or be pushed off the side. I have gone out here local, and the roads have been full of sand and rocks in the road coming off the hill above. Really having the need to keep your eyes wide open. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. There has not been many people pipe in on it anyway.

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:35 pm

True that, at any rate, any time ya'll want to come down, give me a yell :thumbsup:
ZEEEE 4