Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help with Insurance Claim

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
daveg

Help with Insurance Claim

Post by daveg » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:31 pm

I'd appreciate some help from someone with experience of dealing with a non-fault accident.

My insurer is not being particularly helpful and whilst it was only a minor bump I have heard stories of 3rd parties insurers coming back with a large bill several months down the line.

Just want to get it sorted so I can forget about it even if I get no money out of the other insurance company.

Thanks,
Dave
03 3.0i SE For Sale
Done - P Zero Rosso's | Stubby | 107's | ///M MFSW | ZHP | Cruise | Custom boot/license bulbs | Full circle brake | 330 calipers | EBC Ultimax/Greenstuff | Clear sides rears + 3rd brake | Strut Brace | 4 wheel align

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Help with Insurance Claim

Post by mmm-five » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:13 pm

In my case I was very worried about being handed the £3k bill for the e92 M3 they gave me for 2 weeks (£350/day).
I explained to every person I spoke to beforehand, that whilst I didn't think it was my fault, the lorry driver was insisting he did nothing wrong either, so knowing insurance companies it could go either way. (I also noted this on the 12 page report I emailed them before I agreed to use their claim management service).

What I got back reassured me somewhat, as they'd included an extra insurance policy (which they paid for out of the cost of hiring the car) which meant that I would not be liable for any hire charges should the insurance decide to settle knock-for-knock, or put any/all the blame at my door. This extra policy also meant that I effectively had no insurance excess to pay on the M3 had I pranged that during the hire period.

Whilst the settling of my claim is dragging on, they accident management company keep assuring my that I'll not be out of pocket at all - except for my original excess which I paid to the body shop.

If you haven't got a courtest/hire car to use, then the bills they can come up with aren't likely to be huge. Once it is settled, any bills or communications from the 3rd party should be sent straight to your insurer - do not even reply to them.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Mattt

Post by Mattt » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Speak to Europa Consultants - Steve Greensmith. He will sort you out, or advise you what to do.

Don't be pressured into your own Ins Co suggestion.

daveg

Post by daveg » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Thanks for your input mmm-five. It's the first bump I've been involved in so not sure how long things take and if I have much control once it's been passed to insurer.

Thanks for the contact Mattt, will give him a shout tomorrow.

Dave
03 3.0i SE For Sale
Done - P Zero Rosso's | Stubby | 107's | ///M MFSW | ZHP | Cruise | Custom boot/license bulbs | Full circle brake | 330 calipers | EBC Ultimax/Greenstuff | Clear sides rears + 3rd brake | Strut Brace | 4 wheel align

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Well, mine's been settled, after almost 18 months and just 2 weeks before the court date.

Other party's insurance has admitted liability, and I'm now waiting for a cheque for my excess and out-of-pocket expenses (time off, letters, phone calls, etc.).
Trigger’s Z4MC

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:41 pm

Including car value lowering? This is normal practice in NL.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:54 pm

pvr wrote:Including car value lowering? This is normal practice in NL.
No chance :x
Trigger’s Z4MC

daveg

Post by daveg » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Shame it took so much work but glad it's settled.
03 3.0i SE For Sale