Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Reinhold Module Installation Info

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
srhutch

Reinhold Module Installation Info

Post by srhutch » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:54 pm

Whilst waiting for the delivery of my two reinhold units I have been digging around for info, this is all I have found so far, and have translated using google tools.

Anybody who's fitted these got any comments?

http://digilander.libero.it/doctorzeta/Modulino.html

1. Dismantle the ashtray unscrewing the screw Central and forcefully raising the bottom of the tank.
2. Remove the two rear connectors of the ashtray
3. Lodging the modulino inside the shaft of posacenere.
4. Insulate the smallest connector wire red / black and yellow dots to connect with a rubacorrente the thread of modulino
5. Insulate smallest connector from the brown wire and connect it with a rubacorrente the wire black modulino
6. Insulate the rectangular wire connector red / white to yellow dots and connect with a rubacorrente the wire blue modulino
7. Remove the fold of fusibiliera under the tray tray (2 screws) and detach from the back of fusibiliera the black connector centrale
8. Pass the yellow and black wires of modulino (wires are the last to be connected) from the area where it is housed ashtray to the fusibiliera
9. Insulate the connector fusibilera wire black / white and connect with a rubacorrente the wire white modulino immediately after isolate the wire from the connector red / blue and connect with a rubacorrente the yellow wire of modulino
10. Then the assembly is complete; before reassembling all agreed to make a series of tests, if you have problems (freezes the top step, not raise / lower the windows) should include in yellow and white cables module the two small resistance provided.

NB: Do not try more than 5 / 6 times because you could download full battery of car!

Ale_72

Re: Reinhold Module Installation Info

Post by Ale_72 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:59 pm

What I can tell you is that all the italian people fit the module were really happy with the result.
Some missing words: :)

modulino: module
fusibiliera: fuse box
posacenere: ash tray
rubacorrente: (butt connector???) that plastic gizmo to "crimp" a new cable to an existing one
BMW Z4 3.0i Steptronic