Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

On the move - no more Jeep!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

On the move - no more Jeep!

Post by AlanJ » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:04 am

Just sold my Jeep Wrangler today - will be missed as some good journeys across the deserts and mountains of Oman and the UAE. Time for a move - on the cards that I would move to Afghanistan earlier this year but security issues dictated otherwise (and just look at the news recently) :(

But as they say out of the frying pan into the fire and have been posted to Juba, Southern Sudan! Fly back to the UK on the 16/17 May then Juba on the 23 May. BUT the good news is 4-6 week deployments and 3 weeks back in UK for the next year or so, so stand by Zed for some serious summer use :)

Now dosed up with various jabs for typhoid, yellow fever and some obscure diseases I can't pronounce. Just got issued with mossie nets, bug sprays etc - David ATTENBOROUGH or what (but no silly hat!)

Hope to get to some meets if there are any during UK downtime.
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

lacroupade
Lifer
Lifer

Re: On the move - no more Jeep!

Post by lacroupade » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:25 am

Should have brought it home - I'd have bought it!!!
==============================================================
If toast always lands jam side down, and a cat always lands on its feet, what happens when you strap a piece of toast, jam side up, to the back of a cat?

steve853

Post by steve853 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:50 am

What line of business are you in Alan? My brother goes out to those parts quite a lot, for... erm... lots of money.
2006 2.5i sport, Grey metallic, red leather, cruise control, OTR and remote

Cum Catapultae Proscriptae Erunt Tum Soli Proscripti Catapultas Habebunt
If you outlaw catapults, only the outlaws will have catapults

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:58 am

I've had a number of Jeeps of the years and they are great vehicles.... :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:06 pm

lacroupade wrote:Should have brought it home - I'd have bought it!!!
Was thinking of driving it home but various states enroute now engaged in political nonsense so that's out. Too good an offer and extra dosh for the Zed (or a new one.... :P )
steve853 wrote:What line of business are you in Alan? My brother goes out to those parts quite a lot, for... erm... lots of money.
Government nonsense with the Dept for International Development (British Council) - all managed by the Foreign Office, generally advising on policing and public/criminal law. And dosh not too bad but Mrs J is spending it already - cottage in Scotland I think :cry:
WLH wrote:I've had a number of Jeeps of the years and they are great vehicles.... :thumbsup:
Jeep has been great and coped with all sorts of desert and mountain trips and a drive through the 'Empty Quarter' through to Yemen and yes it's very empty! Will miss it but have soe grat memories and much fun:thumbsup:
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:17 pm

i want a job abroad, i want money so i can buy a jeep

MalcZ4

Post by MalcZ4 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:56 am

AlanJ wrote: And dosh not too bad but Mrs J is spending it already - cottage in Scotland I think :cry:
I hope you are keeping some of it for a pension fund. :wink:

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:04 pm

MalcZ4 wrote:
AlanJ wrote: And dosh not too bad but Mrs J is spending it already - cottage in Scotland I think :cry:
I hope you are keeping some of it for a pension fund. :wink:
Retired a few years ago so already got the pension... :thumbsup: