Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Red Rock 13 miles of sharp turns.

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Red Rock 13 miles of sharp turns.

Post by Aebous » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:33 pm

Well I took a trip to Red Rock Canyon's scenic drive. Supposedly 13 miles of road, very beautiful scenery. I had heard it is nice to drive through, and quite curvy. So on a whim I said why not. I took way too many pictures (as usual) all 49 of them can be seen at http://picasaweb.google.com/cajunmgster/RedRock

So anyways, here is a few (ok alot)

There were some other nice cars there, I followed a blue Mercedes just like the silver one around some corners....we went very fast

A Z3 (never did see the driver)

And then as I'm finishing up a round of picture taking I was beginning to think I'd find no one to cruise (well race) around with, and then I saw this pass me. Sadly I only had me so I couldn't get any more pics of the drive we did. At first the ladies husband was driving and in my opinion he was the better driver. She still drove fast though, got a little squirrely in some spots though. They got some video of the drive and of me following, maybe it'll pop up on one of these forums. They were from Colorado. They had rented the car. So yeah anyways, we drove really fast around that place. SIgns were saying 15(for the curve) we took them well well past that. But alas, I guess that was their last lap for the day as they didn't come back around for another lap. Ah well I was about ready to head home myself.

At this point it was getting chilly so I wasn't quite relaxed for this pic

Oh, forgot to mention, the road is quite curvy, lots of fun to drive. But as with Mt Charleston the place has quite a few people either driving or bike riding, so you must excercise some caution. That said, I had a blast driving spirited and only got the glowing triangle once or twice....must of been doing corners right.... The corners there are mostly tight, with a couple going even tighter midway through. Makes for a nerve wracking experience the first time. I had a little bit of understeer on that one :oops:
So long story short. The road is fun, better scenery than Lake Mead, just a shorter route and can't go as fast (probably better). Just have to watch out for people.
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4

Cool Z4

Re: Red Rock 13 miles of sharp turns.

Post by Cool Z4 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:51 am

Forive my ignorance, but where is this road?
ImageImage

SoCalSizzle

Post by SoCalSizzle » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:03 am

Just outside Vegas Baby! Red rock is cool :driving: Super pics Aebous :thumbsup:

Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Rick Hunter » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:34 am

Cool pics! Thanks for sharing.
'07 Imola Red Image Coupé

Bimmerbri

Post by Bimmerbri » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:25 pm

Nice land shark, Love the color combo. I think the dark silver w/the red leather is very sharp. Oh.. the scenary is not so bad either.
2007 3.0Si w/sport package

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:21 pm

Very nice and thanks for posting... :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:57 pm

Cool Z4 wrote:Forive my ignorance, but where is this road?
What SoCal said. It's about 17 miles west of the Strip http://www.redrockcanyonlv.org/

The only downside to the road was it was tight, and not everyone is speeding down it. Plus you have to keep an eye out for the occasional biker. They are pretty smart from what i've seen and stay way to the side of the road. Good for them.
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:39 pm

Dang those are beautiful pictures! Way prettier in person I imagine too. Looks to be superb top-down weather :thumbsup:
In loving memory of TJ. "618 - Out of service and at home"

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:33 am

Actually towards the end it was dropping to the low 60/50's. For us desert folk that's fairly cold. Silly old me still isn't quite used to a vert so i forgot those useful things like jackets, girlfriends and other stuff
ZEEEE 4