Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Clear Diagnostic faults

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Obicoke

Clear Diagnostic faults

Post by Obicoke » Mon May 27, 2024 10:54 am

I put a new battery in my car recently as my previous one just didn't have enough power to start the car.
After fitting the new battery I noticed my heater blower, air con and rear window heater was not working.

From what I have read this has turned on Transport Mode - Economy Mode, which tries to save battery power. Fitting a new battery does not Turn this off.

On older models a BMW dealer will clear this with diagnostic tools and charge you for it or your have to purchase a 1.4 scanner diagnostic tool.
On newer models I believe their is a hazard light start button fix. (Press hazards, depress Start button for 15 seconds) to turn off.

However, older model drivers need not worry as there is a fix for FREE.

Basically, you need to remove the leads from your battery. Next touch the two positive and negative cables together. Lastly, turn on your lights to full so all the power drains from within the car.
Wait 15 to 20 minutes.

Reconnect the battery, positive first then negative. Start the car and then turn off lights.

Your car will now have cleared all existing faults including Transport Mode.

You should also notice the cars idling and revs will sound and feel better too.

For more info. See link below.

https://youtu.be/1Owjx2I1jZw?si=6K7UVWVG-9-tpQub
Last edited by Obicoke on Tue May 28, 2024 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Clear all Diagnostic faults

Post by enuff_zed » Mon May 27, 2024 11:23 am

Sounds like that does some kind of reset to factory settings? Does it clear any coding you’ve done too?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup: