Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Is my M40i "fully loaded"

Discussing the current generation Z4
Kiwi_Mike

Post by Kiwi_Mike » Mon May 27, 2024 3:57 am

Greeting from NZ. Just upgraded my e89 35i for a 2019 M40i which is a one owner 5,000km beauty.

So far I'm loving it. Drove it from Auckland to Christchurch last week and it was everything I'd hoped it would be - an updated 35i with slightly more power and all the mod cons!

I saw someone mention that they have a 'fully loaded' M40i and it got me thinking if mine is missing any options. As the market is small here I believe BMW simply import a batch of cars with the same (usually very high) spec so we don't have packs to option.

I have the full option list for my VIN and thinking of options on other cars I've owned, I recon the only ones I may be missing are: cooled seats, 360 degree cameras, blacked out grill, wheels etc and possibly a higher audio spec than the Harman Kardon 12 speakers. But I'm not sure these are available for an M40i.

What are some options which only the highest specc'd M40i's would have? Cheers
Image (3).jpeg
Image (3).jpeg (218.74 KiB) Viewed 357 times

BigDave

Post by BigDave » Mon May 27, 2024 11:11 am

Hi and welcome..

As far as i am aware all the options you mentioned are not available on the Z4, so Im guessing you already have the full list fitted.

The HK audio is the highest spec, I certainly havnt seen or heard of a car with anything higher from factory.
The wheels are the correct M40i spec versions..
Ive never heard of cooled seats on the G29.

Oh and what a wonderful part of the world you live in. NZ.. I had a great holiday there many years ago.. The drive down the west coast of the south island was fabulous, and it was out of season so nice and quiet... :driving: :driving: :driving: Although sadly we had to do it in a Nissan X-trial, hire car, so no roof off motoring..

PSQ777

Post by PSQ777 » Mon May 27, 2024 9:14 pm

The options in the UK for the 2019 model were (I've probably missed some bits..):
Tech Park: HK hi-fi, HUD
Comfort Pack: wind deflector, heating steering wheel, ski hatch
Visibility Pack: trick pointing headlights with anti-dazzle main beams
Driving Assist Pack: a bunch of "safety" features, auto-park and auto drive reverse
Black Pack: some different coloured bits

Fady

Post by Fady » Mon May 27, 2024 10:52 pm

You can find the 2019 e-brochure online with a Google search - lists all the available packages for the model year.
E89 28i M Sport Manual
Other Cars: Mercedes Benz E63, X4 M40i

Kiwi_Mike

Post by Kiwi_Mike » Mon May 27, 2024 11:22 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Took a look at the e-brochure and the only options I could find that I don't have were Heated steering wheel and black pack (which I wouldn't want as I like having silver mirrors and chrome grill surrounds). Fantastic, I'm happy as!

Kiwi_Mike

Post by Kiwi_Mike » Mon May 27, 2024 11:25 pm

BigDave wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:11 am
Oh and what a wonderful part of the world you live in. NZ.. I had a great holiday there many years ago.. The drive down the west coast of the south island was fabulous, and it was out of season so nice and quiet... :driving: :driving: :driving: Although sadly we had to do it in a Nissan X-trial, hire car, so no roof off motoring..
Yes, there are some decent driving roads with fantastic scenery around the South Island. I don't think the west coast roads are any busier in season tbh as it is a fairly secluded area. They do however get blocked occasionally when storms take out road bridges, some of which haven't been upgraded since the 50's.