Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Concorde Ebay special

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Concorde Ebay special

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:56 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:15 am The best? 1hr 40 minutes, never above 250ft in a Tornado, Norfolk to the Brecons in 18 minutes, through the Mach Loop, looking up at everyone, back to the Wash, dropped 4 practice bombs on a sunken boat, up to Newcastle, supersonic back down to Cromer and back to base. That was the best, but once was enough. Just about contained my breakfast.
Wow, that's a much more exhilarating way to go supersonic than sitting in a Concorde sipping bubbly!

Probably makes you a member of a much more exclusive club too. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Concorde Ebay special

Post by Nanu » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:58 pm

Watched a programme a while ago on American aviation and they interviewed one of the pilots who tested the Supersonic Blackbird spy plane. He mentioned whilst on a secret test flight, seeing Concorde several thousand feet below them. He was said he was stunned as Concord was overtaking them.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Vornwend

Concorde Ebay special

Post by Vornwend » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:49 pm

I used to work for British Aerospace at Filton and was lucky enough to get a flight on Concorde. Taking off from Heathrow, we flew over the Bay of Biscay at Mach 2.05 (1362 mph) and landed back at Filton after a fly by of the runway on families day. I can still remember being at 55,000 feet and clearly seeing the Earth's curvature.

I was on Concorde when this picture was taken. Still the fastest I've been on land (take off speed c250 mph) or in the air!
concordeVS1987.jpg
concordeVS1987.jpg (295.8 KiB) Viewed 108 times
Now: 2004 Z4 3.0i - Merlot Red
Before: VW Corrado VR6 Storm - Classic Green

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Concorde Ebay special

Post by TitanTim » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:32 am

Vornwend wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:49 pm I used to work for British Aerospace at Filton and was lucky enough to get a flight on Concorde. Taking off from Heathrow, we flew over the Bay of Biscay at Mach 2.05 (1362 mph) and landed back at Filton after a fly by of the runway on families day. I can still remember being at 55,000 feet and clearly seeing the Earth's curvature.

I was on Concorde when this picture was taken. Still the fastest I've been on land (take off speed c250 mph) or in the air!
concordeVS1987.jpg
Great photo and experience, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Tim.

C4Dman

Concorde Ebay special

Post by C4Dman » Wed May 08, 2024 1:41 pm

Vornwend wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:49 pm I used to work for British Aerospace at Filton and was lucky enough to get a flight on Concorde. Taking off from Heathrow, we flew over the Bay of Biscay at Mach 2.05 (1362 mph) and landed back at Filton after a fly by of the runway on families day. I can still remember being at 55,000 feet and clearly seeing the Earth's curvature.

concordeVS1987.jpg
second that, great photo, saw it do a fly-past at Fairford years ago, nearly stalled as it passed the crowds, nose up, then pulled back on the sticks and off it went!! what a noise, never forget it..

We visited Concorde museum recently at Filton, had a quiet moment to myself walking underneath the fuselage and looking up, because like you my Grandad worked for Rolls Royce at Filton and was an inspector of engines on Concorde, proud moment!

And to top that off, mentioned to my neighbour that we had gone to the museum, a few minutes later he turns up with his Concorde flight pack, including tickets, Concorde headed letter paper, envelopes, menu and drinks list for the flight etc. turns out he flew on it twice back in the day.
8)
BMW E86 Z4 si sport; manual; 2007; Titanium Silver Metalic
BMW F31 335d M Sport; Mineral Grey over Coral Red Dakota
Skoda Fabia III our sacrificial runabout

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Concorde Ebay special

Post by TitanTim » Wed May 08, 2024 3:24 pm

Well I've cheaped out and have ordered and engine blade signed by chief pilot Mike Bannister :) at least it will fit better on the mantlepiece :)

Tim.