Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M4 - a years ownership + car capers post Z

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:16 pm

LeeZ4MR wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:51 pm
Pondrew wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:19 pm
mr wilks wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:42 pm They are a beautiful thing to own , for me one of the best looking Bmw coupes of all time but a sports car they are not .
I personally don't think BMW have ever really made a 'sports car'. Maybe the Z1 is the closest?
I recently sold my 440i (M4 lite?) and agree with the sentiments in the revue. Big, heavy cars with plenty (too much?) of power and clever engineering and electronics to make them useable does not float my boat, as it turns out.
I was looking at F83s when I bought mine, but glad I didn't go there TBH.

Golf GTi is more of a 'sportscar' than any 3,4 or even Z4 could ever hope to be IMHO. GT, yes. Fun 'B' road weapon; I don't think so.
Yes and they definitely aren't sports cars I agree. I see them more of a performance Coupe/GT type of car. The performance of the M4 is my favourite bit about them, and they basically have the same performance as my old TVR Cerbera 4.5(the M4 does 0 to 60 in 4.1 seconds/0 to 100 in 8.6 seconds), but the M4 starts and works when you want it to though! :lol:

I've got the 4 year big service next week on mine(spark plugs etc) and I've been quoted £960 at my local main dealer! :cry: The brake fluid service and normal oil service isn't too bad on it in comparison though.

Mine is showing 29.3 mpg overall since I've had it and that is very decent given the performance I reckon. I only got 26mpg out of the E90 330i I had in comparison for reference overall.
Just has my major service (inc plugs), diff service and brake fluid changed for £717 all in at Autoworks in Swindon, Sytner wanted £1060 and my local indie wanted £1167.

My is showing just about 30 over the last 4.5k miles so more than happy but then again I'm no boy racer.
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Hut man

Post by Hut man » Mon May 06, 2024 2:21 pm

My son has an 18 plate Golf R and I have a 21 plate 128ti, the BM has 265bhp and the Golf 300+.
But in my opinion the Golf is such a better drivers car, I do prefer the interior of the 128 but there’s nothing wrong with the quality of the Golf and it’s miles better than the current one.
M40i sapphire black,tech,comfort shadow line.

Phoenixboy

Post by Phoenixboy » Mon May 06, 2024 5:37 pm

I’m sure you’ll enjoy the golf R.
A couple of small gremlins aside, now sorted, it’s a fun car to drive, and as you said prior to my purchase, it’s good at everything.
If you’re in traffic it’s a relaxing drive, but power on hand at an instant.
Pop it in sport, and it’s way quicker than most will ever need.
Endless amounts of grip in hard cornering, and that’s before I put better tyres on.
Have yet to take it on any good driving roads, but I’m confident it will be more than capable.
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.