Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW M4

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

BMW M4

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:50 am

So, I have had the M4 12months now, still averaging 30mpg over 5k miles - yes I'm probably not driving it right.

The costs so far have been major service / Brake fluid change and diff service for £717 at Autoworks in Swindon and then a new set of boots, Conti contact sport 7 at £763.

Car flew through its MOT with no advisories straight after the tyres were fitted - fair play to AT Performance cars they chipped in £200 for the tyres this week as well based on a promise from when I purchased the car.

If I stick to the service schedule then the cost willberound £1600 over 4 years - so £400 a year average is ok for me, SWMBO pays £1200 for her DS3 Crossback over 4 years all be it at main dealer.

Over all still happy with the car and have no plans to chop it in (yet)
Attachments
tempImageTPu8vl.gif
tempImageTPu8vl.gif (661.11 KiB) Viewed 213 times
tempImageJ3h1SF.gif
tempImageJ3h1SF.gif (553.53 KiB) Viewed 213 times
tempImage8UvvTV.gif
tempImage8UvvTV.gif (447.55 KiB) Viewed 213 times
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

BMW M4

Post by Pondrew » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:19 am

Blimey Sean, has it been a year already? That went quick (pun intended). :lol:

Glad you are liking it. Do you ever use the overly-complicated raising of the roof stuff when stowed in the boot? I thought that was an unnecessary gimmick which has the potential to be very expensive, when I had my F33.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

BMW M4

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:19 pm

Pondrew wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:19 am Blimey Sean, has it been a year already? That went quick (pun intended). :lol:

Glad you are liking it. Do you ever use the overly-complicated raising of the roof stuff when stowed in the boot? I thought that was an unnecessary gimmick which has the potential to be very expensive, when I had my F33.
Hey pondy, yep been 12 months already - time flies as you get older :rofl:

Yes, i still enjoy it as it is a toy in reality, did 5k again this year so its a treat to drive it rather than one of the other cars.

I have used it occasionally but in all honesty when I get somewhere (even at home) I tend to put the roof up so its not used very often but it is a good gimmick show off with :rofl:
Last edited by Ole gits rule on Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

pvr
Legend
Legend

BMW M4

Post by pvr » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:23 pm

“Pony”, excellent name for him :rofl:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

BMW M4

Post by Pondrew » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:09 pm

pvr wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:23 pm “Pony”, excellent name for him :rofl:
Aye.....as in "pony and trap" :D
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

BMW M4

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:42 pm

could have added a c in there - let you figure it out

tiglon

BMW M4

Post by tiglon » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:57 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:50 am So, I have had the M4 12months now, still averaging 30mpg over 5k miles - yes I'm probably not driving it right.

The costs so far have been major service / Brake fluid change and diff service for £717 at Autoworks in Swindon and then a new set of boots, Conti contact sport 7 at £763.

Car flew through its MOT with no advisories straight after the tyres were fitted - fair play to AT Performance cars they chipped in £200 for the tyres this week as well based on a promise from when I purchased the car.

If I stick to the service schedule then the cost willberound £1600 over 4 years - so £400 a year average is ok for me, SWMBO pays £1200 for her DS3 Crossback over 4 years all be it at main dealer.

Over all still happy with the car and have no plans to chop it in (yet)
The M4 looks stunning!

Would you recommend Autoworks? I'm in Bath and still do most of my planned servicing/maintenance down where I used to live in Buckinghamshire. Not ideal for surprise issues and I would be good to have somewhere closer as well.
2014 E89 35is Valencia Orange 788M wheels (M2 Competition), E90 M3 control arms, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, MHD Stage 1

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

BMW M4

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:10 pm

The M4 looks stunning!

Would you recommend Autoworks? I'm in Bath and still do most of my planned servicing/maintenance down where I used to live in Buckinghamshire. Not ideal for surprise issues and I would be good to have somewhere closer as well.
[/quote]

The car is very nice, it leads a sheltered and pampered life with me, its done 7 miles since the MOT 11 days ago especially as we have the grandkids so they go in the SWMBO car.

Autoworks were very competitive, I tried Sytner in Newport at £1050 / Autotech in Cwmbran at £1167 (they are really good but not at that pricing unfortunately).

I would use Autoworks again for sure, they were at £717 which was pretty good, called to ask if I wanted an MOT or for them to fit new tyres etc & added everything to the iDrive.

I just had the service completed, I always use an MOT station by me as they only do MOTs - no other work so you know they wont find £400 of work as they are quiet.

There were at least half a dozen M cars in the place plus a zed and myriad of other BMWs - they were just installing a new lift so they could increase capacity, they are always busy.
Attachments
tempImageXKsw4R.gif
tempImageXKsw4R.gif (699.75 KiB) Viewed 132 times

tiglon

BMW M4

Post by tiglon » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:28 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:10 pm The M4 looks stunning!

The car is very nice, it leads a sheltered and pampered life with me, its done 7 miles since the MOT 11 days ago especially as we have the grandkids so they go in the SWMBO car.

Autoworks were very competitive, I tried Sytner in Newport at £1050 / Autotech in Cwmbran at £1167 (they are really good but not at that pricing unfortunately).

I would use Autoworks again for sure, they were at £717 which was pretty good, called to ask if I wanted an MOT or for them to fit new tyres etc & added everything to the iDrive.

I just had the service completed, I always use an MOT station by me as they only do MOTs - no other work so you know they wont find £400 of work as they are quiet.

There were at least half a dozen M cars in the place plus a zed and myriad of other BMWs - they were just installing a new lift so they could increase capacity, they are always busy.
[/quote]

Thanks, appreciate the info!
2014 E89 35is Valencia Orange 788M wheels (M2 Competition), E90 M3 control arms, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, MHD Stage 1