Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Windows opened overnight

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Windows opened overnight

Post by Pondrew » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:00 pm

Right then, listen up, I've worked it out (by checking physically).

If you have i-Drive you can select to auto-lock or not in the settings menu. Ours was set to not auto-lock so it didn't. I then ticked the box and it does now.
If you don't have i-Drive it doesn't auto-lock and you obviously can't change it.

Disclaimer: I don't have a non i-Drive car in front of me so can't guarantee the second bit, but just remember our old one never locking itself so am quite confident I am correct.

So I was right AND wrong all at the same time! Which, in my eyes, means Paul (PVR) owes me a Northern beer (or several). :D
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Windows opened overnight

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:12 pm

Pondrew wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:00 pm Right then, listen up, I've worked it out (by checking physically).

If you have i-Drive you can select to auto-lock or not in the settings menu. Ours was set to not auto-lock so it didn't. I then ticked the box and it does now.
If you don't have i-Drive it doesn't auto-lock and you obviously can't change it.

Disclaimer: I don't have a non i-Drive car in front of me so can't guarantee the second bit, but just remember our old one never locking itself so am quite confident I am correct.

So I was right AND wrong all at the same time! Which, in my eyes, means Paul (PVR) owes me a Northern beer (or several). :D
But mine doesn’t have I-distraction and it auto locks. Must be able to be coded too?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Windows opened overnight

Post by Pondrew » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:21 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:12 pm But mine doesn’t have I-distraction and it auto locks. Must be able to be coded too?
I don't bloody know! :roll: Coding is for computer geeks not the likes of me. :D
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Windows opened overnight

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:32 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:12 pm But mine doesn’t have I-distraction and it auto locks. Must be able to be coded too?
I'd be surprised if it couldn't be coded.

My 2nd E86 had that annoying auto-lock at 10mph feature - I soon got that coded off!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

pvr
Legend
Legend

Windows opened overnight

Post by pvr » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:15 pm

That is the drive away auto lock, something different to the automatic re-locking of the door when you haven’t physically opened it
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Windows opened overnight

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:22 pm

pvr wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:15 pm That is the drive away auto lock, something different to the automatic re-locking of the door when you haven’t physically opened it
I know, but if that was coded I'd be surprised if the auto re-locking wasn't.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Windows opened overnight

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:09 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:22 pm
pvr wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:15 pm That is the drive away auto lock, something different to the automatic re-locking of the door when you haven’t physically opened it
I know, but if that was coded I'd be surprised if the auto re-locking wasn't.
As I said, both those can be coded on the E85/6 so I’m assuming E89 is the same. You can even vary the drive away lock speed
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup: