Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Door mirrors not always unfolding

DonDon

Post by DonDon » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:41 pm

Just occasionally when I unlock my 28i, the door mirrors don't automatically unfold. I think they always fold when I lock it and they unfold if I press the button on the armrest; ProTool shows no fault codes.

Is this just a thing, or is it a known problem and is it an indication of something more serious?

What made me post is that I rely on them to show me if the car is locked or not. The other day when I unlocked the car, the door mirrors didn't open and I thought the car had not unlocked. It was a moment or two before I realised that the fob really was working!
2013 E89 28i auto

jamesgarbett

Post by jamesgarbett » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:18 am

i've had this for a while

the mirrors are set to fold when locked, unfold when unlocked

95% of the time it works fine but the rest of the time it doesnt and then it gets out of sync and unfolds when locking etc

Sorry no solution but interested to hear what others say
Z4 ‘13 20i Mineral Grey
Z4 '07 2.5Si Montego Blue

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:33 am

My wife reported a similar problem on our previous 120. Turned out she was leaning on the fold button as she got out. If you fold them in using the button they won’t open when you unlock the car.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:37 am

It's "just a thing"
It can happen if you lock then unlock quickly, or vice versa, or it can just happen.
Pressing the interior button soon moves them back out if it does happen, or driving off above 10mph will automatically unfold them. :thumbsup: :driving:
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q