Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Has anyone heard both in person?

"M" Specific discussion
1bluemcm

Post by 1bluemcm » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:44 pm

This seems to be the currently most active Z4 E85/6 forum. Zpost used to be pretty active, kind of a ghost town over there.

Wondering if anyone has heard both the stock euro Z4M and a stock US spec Z4M to compare what they sound like, exhaust wise?

I have a US Z4M with only Arqray mufflers for exhaust mods. The Arqrays are pretty mild, only a touch louder than OE as I recall (they've been on for 10+ years) and a deeper, fuller sound character. No drone or any negative effects.

Anyone have an educated guess as to how this might change if I slap on the euro headers? What I can expect?

I also need to do something with the 2 post cat O2 and EGT sensors. I thought about looking for another section 1 to have one OE and one to modify with appropriately placed bungs for these, but then I am probably going to do an ECU tune, so I gather I can just have these ignored with the tune.

Well, thanks for any insight you may have.

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:11 pm

Wouldent expect a huge difference, only one set of cats on the euro header. Nice, don't get me wrong, but not a hellova lot louder..
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3
Powered by Severn Tuning

1536Z4

Post by 1536Z4 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:49 pm

I take it you are onebluemcm over on Zpost :thumbsup: I don`t have an M and I doubt many people over here have heard the European against the USA but I see you have had a reply over on Zpost now . I look at Zpost every day but not a member and it does seem very quiet over there at the moment .
Montego Blue E86 . MILV`s . Simpson Custom Manifold Race Exhaust . xHP transmission stage 3 . VT engine mounts . BC RA coilovers . H&R arbs . Adjustable rear camber arms . Ultra Racing front strut brace . Drexler LSD .

1bluemcm

Post by 1bluemcm » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:52 pm

yep, same me. I think I have the same issue over here, not many folks have heard the euro Z4 M. But, figured it can't hurt to ask! zpost back several years ago was quite busy. I don't mean to sound like it's dead, it's not, just slower than used to be. All it takes sometimes is for a few of the real active enthusiasts to sell or otherwise get rid of their car, and forum activity can slow a lot. It's cyclic, I'm sure. thanks.

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

Ive driven a couple of the US Z4M's in LA, as i said, theres not /THAT/ much of a difference. If i were gonna go down that route again, id get some SS stepped headers.. :thumbsup:
again, all the bolt on's dont do that much by themselves, but make more impact when combined with other mods.
(possibly Super charger aside, the rest are single digit percentages.. )
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3