Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Need help with my cooling system on Z4

First port of call for new members
cindyj1001

Post by cindyj1001 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:12 pm

Hi all.I don't know if I'm posting this in the right spot but I hope so.
So my 03 Z4 3.0 is been giving me hell since the end of last summer I've been rebuilding the cooling system the entire cooling system has to be replaced done so many other things are wrong with this car I'm sure. I cannot seem to get the coolant to stop leaking out of the coolant reservoir where it attaches to the bracket on the right hand side the little I don't know names very well I can turn around but I don't know names. Every time I get one stop then another one starts and now I'm down to that one spot it's leaking and it's leaking out of the drain plug on the radiator which I'm replacing today. I have replaced the thermostat the water pump the radiator all the hoses all the belts the brackets the ATC thermostat the everything but it cannot seem to get it to stop leaking on me and then of course it throws the transmission into safe mode which I can't get out of until I get to coolants stop leaking. My problem is the o-rings I believe on the mounting bracket or not sucking tight. For lack of a better term I need to know what the heck I'm missing that's making it not seal I mean it's not rocket science for Christ's sake. Any help would be appreciated I'll be putting it all back together again today I'm throwing in the radiator plug that it was leaking out of. And then I'm putting this car up for sale cuz I actually like the Z3 better. :headbang:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:20 pm

Hi cindyj1001, well that is a tale of woe!
Whereabouts are you?
Would be happy to help fix it if we can, or failing that, could possibly be interested in taking it on.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup: