Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

CC-ID 562 roof unlocked 😁

Adil_3

Post by Adil_3 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:46 pm

Ive been blessed with another roof error.

Background info:
My e89 is very well looked after, roof motor and all the wiring has been replaced in the past, and has been working perfectly ever since touch wood!

Ive just gotten back from spain after a two month long trip driven my car perfectly fine for a week and then boom roof error code on christmas! Whilst out in spain my car was turned on once or twice each week to get the car up to temp and charge the battery. Works a charm everytime!

The problem:
Turn on the car, no issues no error codes no problem what so ever. Red flashing led on the roof open button however, but nothing on dash. If i press roof open or close no movement, no sound no nothing. (Yes salmon relays have been changed a year ago as precaution).

When I start to drive red roof error constant bong aswell and does not turn off. The roof however i can confirm is fully latched into place just how i left it in august as it hadnt been opened since so is defo secure. So not sure whats suspect, could be a faulty microswitch could be battery related not sure.

My diagnosis/ research so far:

Plugged in my trusty obd and torque pro app. Reveals no error codes at all stored on the ecu. Tried scanning whilst the bong is going on during driving around as-well as stationary no error codes at all. Only reason i found out it was cc-id 562 was holding down the bc button reveals the error code. Everything else seems to be fine except for the battery, which whilst the engine is running is 14.4v and when the engine is off 11.2v so battery is defo on the way out.

Hence me assuming it could be a suspected low battery voltage causing the error but I'm not sure.

My indy is off until after new years but Ive booked myself in at the earliest convince to them, so not worried at all.

I thought id raise this to see what do y'all think the problem maybe. And what would you try to do

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:55 pm

Given your diligence/ service history and the battery history and readings my suggestion IMHO is to replace the battery with a new fully charged and registered version and see what happens..that’s assuming it’s an original battery..do you know how old the car/battery are?

Adil_3

Post by Adil_3 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:58 pm

Pbondar wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:55 pm Given your diligence/ service history and the battery history and readings, my suggestion IMHO is to replace the battery with a new fully charged and registered version and see what happens..that’s assuming it’s an original battery..do you know how old the car/battery are?
Just checked its an original BMW battery car is 09/10 and the indicator says 09 on the terminal so it's defo the original battery. I think you're correct on trialling out a new battery to possibly fix the issue. I've tried to take it out on an hour-long drive and charge the battery up but no luck I might have to try out a new battery looking for the right deal at the moment.

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:31 pm

Yes a 10 year old battery has done really well..frankly I think given its age it would be pointless looking for other faults till that's been replaced and the new one registered.

One trick to always ensure that its not a a battery is once you've replaced it and fully charged is to motor the roof with the engine running..the alternator will kick in to keep the battery topped up as the hydrualics run..

It doesn't work all the time on an old battery.

The fact that there are no other fault codes bodes well that a battery swap will resolve your issues..IMHO!

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:31 pm

I’d change the battery ASP as it can also cause the dreaded parking brake failure which will then require the EMF module needing a software update
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:40 pm

If a switch flutters, because say it's broke or lose, it won't give an error code. Probably needs a open circuit.
When my salmon relay failed, the reader said i had several faulty switches. The car didn't.

Ogze

Post by Ogze » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:48 pm

Hey, I’m having the exact same issue with mine. Where you able to solve the problem in the end with a battery change?

Thanks,

Olly

javis20

Post by javis20 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:44 am

You need to find someone with ISTA, INPA or ProTool to scan the car. Otherwise it's just a big guessing game.

RobbiZ4

Post by RobbiZ4 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:45 am

Ogze wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:48 pm Hey, I’m having the exact same issue with mine.
Update 12/23/2023:
Interesting, how less interest exists to get YOUR issue solved.

Have dropped my answers in between.

Adil_3

Post by Adil_3 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:29 am

Apologies all for not giving the update on this issue.

It was infact a low battery issue, changed to a brand new BMW battery and coded to car at the time and problem went.