Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED E85/E86 - 3.0si - Auto

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Rldee007

E85/E86 - 3.0si - Auto

Post by Rldee007 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:52 am

Howdy all,

I am exploring my options. I am considering getting a E85/E85 - 3.0si(2006 to 2009) automatic car, possible project car.

I am based in Warwickshire

What I am looking forward:
- Project car, but light work or TLC
- Auto
- No rust on body work
- Minor surface on hidden/serviceable parts is OK
- Tidy bodywork no dents but minor marks doesn't it a no deal
- Working roof (E85 only)
- Heat sport seats
- SAT-NAV not essential, ideally wouldn't have it
- Open minded regarding leather colour
- Exterior colour blue, red, yellow and white preferred but not essential, conditional of the body/paint is more important (may want to wrap the car)
- Open minded regarding price for the right car and location, ideally less than £8k
- High mileage isn't no go, but good service and maintenance history would be essential
- Open minded regarding wheel design and condition but no welds
- Tyres to be have some life in them, ideally non-run flats
- Cruise control would be preferred
- Cup holders not essential
- Electrical features working
- Steering controls not essential
- Interior in good condition
- Power adjustable seats nice to have but definitely not essential
- Seats to have isofix (I believe this was standard on non-M cars)

I am pretty open minded and cheaper the better because it will be a project car (not major project lol). I am exploring other cars and options too. :D :D

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

E85/E86 - 3.0si - Auto

Post by Zedebee » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:09 pm

What kind of “project work” are you thinking? With full service history, good bodywork and preferred options, there is not much to go at unless you are thinking of significant mods.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Rldee007

E85/E86 - 3.0si - Auto

Post by Rldee007 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:55 pm

Zedebee wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:09 pm What kind of “project work” are you thinking? With full service history, good bodywork and preferred options, there is not much to go at unless you are thinking of significant mods.
I have kept it quite vague to see what is about and my opening and closing gambits were stating I am open minded and possible project car.
I did not specified full service history and I stated good maintenance for high mileage examples.
I also stated I may wrap the car. I was specific rust and body work regarding dents.

People can interpret as they wish, if they are relatively local and want to sell that is cool, if they don't the search continues. I have found if I am too specific on these ads people try to influence you one way or the other and I don't want to limit my search too much.

Do you have something you would consider selling and think is appropriate?

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

E85/E86 - 3.0si - Auto

Post by Zedebee » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:55 pm

Rldee007 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:55 pm Do you have something you would consider selling and think is appropriate?
Nope, mine ticks most of your boxes but isn’t an Si. You’ll find a very nice roadster for your budget and there are plenty of higher mileage coupes for that money too.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

E85/E86 - 3.0si - Auto

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:04 pm

Good luck with your search OP. :thumbsup:

If it helps all UK Spec 3.0Sis have electric seats with driver's memory. Isofix didn't become standard until some time in 2007 I think - neither of my 2006 Coupes had it. The easiest way to tell is to look for a key-slot in the end of the dash when the passenger door is open, or the warning light on the centre console opposite the Sport button.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Rldee007

E85/E86 - 3.0si - Auto

Post by Rldee007 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:38 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:04 pm Good luck with your search OP. :thumbsup:

If it helps all UK Spec 3.0Sis have electric seats with driver's memory. Isofix didn't become standard until some time in 2007 I think - neither of my 2006 Coupes had it. The easiest way to tell is to look for a key-slot in the end of the dash when the passenger door is open, or the warning light on the centre console opposite the Sport button.
Do you mean pre-face lift cars or both. I had a 2004 Z4 which had power heated non-sport seats which had Isofix and when I put sport seats from a face lifted car that too had isofix (textile centre, leather bolster). I know these were from later car because they had slightly different pin outs (Changed pin outputs/checked part number) and were heated, I don't know if the seats came from a Coupe or a Roadster though. I did view a Friends Z4M and he didn't have isofix. All pre-face cars I viewed had Isofix, this was one of the reasons why I drawn to the Z4 in the beginning. Maybe I was just lucky :D :thumbsup: :roll: :lol: :wink:

9designs

E85/E86 - 3.0si - Auto

Post by 9designs » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:32 pm

I have an 3.0Si Auto, 128K miles, FSH, 2 previous owners. new MOT done. Lots of work done, so not really a project.

They are rare in auto, so can't always find exact spec you may want.

Was going to put it into stowage till spring, but could be talked into selling if someone wanted.
57 Plate 3.0 Si Auto SilverGrey - Red Leather
E89 35iS Space Grey - Red Leather. SOLD
56 Plate 3.0 SI Manual - Black with Red Leather- Scorpion exhaust, BC coil overs SOLD
54 Plate 3.0 SE Auto - Silver with Red Leather. SOLD

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

E85/E86 - 3.0si - Auto

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:15 pm

Rldee007 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:38 pm
Mr Tidy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:04 pm Good luck with your search OP. :thumbsup:

Do you mean pre-face lift cars or both. I had a 2004 Z4 which had power heated non-sport seats which had Isofix and when I put sport seats from a face lifted car that too had isofix (textile centre, leather bolster). I know these were from later car because they had slightly different pin outs (Changed pin outputs/checked part number) and were heated, I don't know if the seats came from a Coupe or a Roadster though. I did view a Friends Z4M and he didn't have isofix. All pre-face cars I viewed had Isofix, this was one of the reasons why I drawn to the Z4 in the beginning. Maybe I was just lucky :D :thumbsup: :roll: :lol: :wink:
Actually I may have got a bit mixed up in that case. :oops:

I was thinking of the function to disable the passenger airbag, but then I've never needed either of those. :)
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black