Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

EV change to 2035

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
chanlon1

EV change to 2035

Post by chanlon1 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:05 pm

I steer clear of politics. Can’t be bothered with them.
But yesterday’s announcement of moving the date from 2030 to 2035.

I can understand the tree huggers who hate this idea.
But I don’t get why all the car manufacturers are up in arms. No one is telling them they have to move their date, so why don’t they just stick to 2030??

Anyone explain why they are antsy about it?
E86 Z4 Coupe 2006 Silver

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

EV change to 2035

Post by TitanTim » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:05 pm

I think some manufacturers have already stopped making ICE cars and I would imagine many others are slowly winding down new ICE models and concentrating on pure electric or hybrid so are probably hissed off that potentially this delay now to 2035 might put sales off. It may also slow down progress of the charging stations infrastructure which to me is still looks to be woeful and half hearted in this Country.

I get the feeling that many people who rush on the full electric bad wagon now might regret it, the novelty will wear off and will go back to a more convienient ICE car if new models stay on sale until 2035.

I'm awaiting delivery of a new motor and really in considering a new car, electric or hybrid didn't even enter the equation, to me it had to be a petrol car. Until the day arrives where I can charge a car up in 2 minutes then forget it.

Tim.