Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E86 M S54 with Eventuri and sound generator!

"M" Specific discussion
BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:01 pm

axelleveau wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:46 am
BMWZ4MC wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:09 am I wonder if it has any effect on the air/fuel mix since it spurs off after the MAF. Does the engine idle and run as normal with it fitted?
There is a membrane in the large bit connecting the two tubes which allows vibrations to transmit but no net air flow :thumbsup:
salfer wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:01 am Yes, there is a membrane, an eardrum as such so no airflow issues. All is exactly as before in regards to cold start, idle, performance, except a better in cabin sound between 4k and 6.5k rpm…
That makes sense, so that it conducts sound without any communication between the intake manifold and cabin.
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:02 pm

salfer wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:10 am
BMWZ4MC wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:09 am
salfer wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:12 pm Hey Mate!

Here’s his Instagram where I found him. You can ping him or me and I’ll give you his WhatsApp.

https://instagram.com/bmw_e86_m_legend? ... BiNWFlZA==

Cheers,
Thanks. It looks interesting. I wonder if it has any effect on the air/fuel mix since it spurs off after the MAF. Does the engine idle and run as normal with it fitted?

Recently, I changed my aFe intake to a GruppeM because the powder coating on the heat shields was breaking down allowing them to rust. The GruppeM looks much better, but the sound from the aFe was louder and much more aggressive. Ironically, it sounded closer to a full carbon airbox whilst the GruppeM sounds closer to the stock airbox (as best as I can recall from a decade ago). I’d like to hear more intake sound as it’s a little tame now so I’ll try this too.
I’ll PM you for his details :thumbsup:
PM Replied to Richard!
Thanks Sal
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

Argenta

Post by Argenta » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:26 am

Hahaha WTF