Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Brake pipe problems due to lack of forward thinking

First port of call for new members
AllanCM

Post by AllanCM » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:02 pm

Hello, not been on here for a long while. My fault due to lack of new phone skills. Anyway I have managed to out do myself this time.
Are we sitting comfortably? Then I will begin.... Started with failed MOT with brake pipes corroded so I stripped off the offending pipes and slug them. Working on the theory that BMW would sell new pipes pre shaped. Imagine my laughter on buying new pipes only to thing they come in straight lengths 🤣🤣🤣. Having checked scrapies and searched the web it seems nobody has any old brake pipes that I can purchase to make new copies. You good people are mankind's last great hope🤞. If anyone can help I'm looking for all the pipes upto the Flexi pipes front and back so I can copy.
Any ideas welcome

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:11 pm

Having done this a few times I’d say you can work around it

I’d connect up with flaring at one end, then leave a v long length the other that you can shape, route and then flare and attach?
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

AllanCM

Post by AllanCM » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:11 pm

Yea, did this, not happy with results.
Was wondering if anyone would be able to take photos the pipes from the servo across the firewyto where they go to under the car. Also photos of the two front brake pipes upto and including where they join the flexis. A couple of shots of the rear where they join the flexis.
I'd really appreciate if anyone can oblige