Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Spot the difference

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
AnubisZed

Spot the difference

Post by AnubisZed » Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:13 am

Morning all,

A new little addition to my Z was added yesterday afternoon. Been after a proper one for a while now, although this is the M-Sport version these are few and far between so I snapped it up when I found it....
20230811_061550.jpg
20230811_061550.jpg (133.17 KiB) Viewed 673 times
I installed the heated wheel last year when I got the chance to do a few retrofits all at the same time. I'd lined up getting the proper (non M-Sport) wheel, but the guy selling it suddenly disappeared off line and I've never seen him on-line since :? So I bought an E93 wheel instead and fitted it up. It was in a really bad state, but I gave it a full refurb and, although it's not perfect, it's been great for the last, almost, year now.
Just realised I don't have a photo of the E93 wheel so screen grabbed this one...
e93 wheel.jpg
e93 wheel.jpg (112.39 KiB) Viewed 673 times
So out with the old and in with the new :thumbsup:
Retrofitting a heated steering wheel is a very easy and straightforward job to do that requires NO coding, the difficult part is finding the wheel. So if anyone fancies a heated wheel I'll be selling this as a complete kit complete with everything including a plug-n-play loom.

Will look even nicer when I take the digital cluster out and re-fit my retrofitted cruise control cluster, so anyone fancies the digital cluster then give me a shout :driving: (Only refitting the cruise cluster because I went to a lot of trouble and expense to fit that last year)
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

Busterboo

Spot the difference

Post by Busterboo » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:28 am

Impressive work.
Vidi, vici, veni

Marcoose

Spot the difference

Post by Marcoose » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:50 pm

You installed a heated M wheel on your non-M Zed ?

I’m up to talk about the digital cluster.
2016 35is, monoballs, camber plates, KWV3, PS4S, xHP, MHD, LFB pedal, flat bottom wheel, red indicators, black headlamps

AnubisZed

Spot the difference

Post by AnubisZed » Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:23 pm

Marcoose wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:50 pm You installed a heated M wheel on your non-M Zed ?
Yes I know :headbang: Will probably remove the black trims and replace them with my original silver (non-M-Sport) ones anyway, I just didn't bother yesterday.
Marcoose wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:50 pmI’m up to talk about the digital cluster.
PM me :thumbsup: :driving:
Dave

Silverstar

Spot the difference

Post by Silverstar » Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:28 pm

AnubisZed wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:23 pm arcoose wrote: ↑Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:50 pm
You installed a heated M wheel on your non-M Zed ?
Yes I know Will probably remove the black trims and replace them with my original silver (non-M-Sport) ones anyway, I just didn't bother yesterday.
Even the M Sport model comes with aluminium dash trim with that black steering wheel so although yours is not an MSport, it does not look as if it doesn't belong. By the way are the trims be it the silver from the standard car and the black from the M Sport interchangeable with either steering wheel? i.e. can I put the M Sport black trims on my standard steering wheel?
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

Marcoose

Spot the difference

Post by Marcoose » Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:35 pm

AnubisZed wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:23 pm
Marcoose wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:50 pm You installed a heated M wheel on your non-M Zed ?
Yes I know :headbang: Will probably remove the black trims and replace them with my original silver (non-M-Sport) ones anyway, I just didn't bother yesterday.
The black trims look fine to me. I couldn't understand the gist of the post. I love the heated wheel. Even though the San Francisco Bay Area has very mild weather, it's nice to push that button for 3-4 minutes on the nippy mornings. When I got the flat-bottom, I had to post it to Customs because they're the only ones that could retrim and keep the heated element.
2016 35is, monoballs, camber plates, KWV3, PS4S, xHP, MHD, LFB pedal, flat bottom wheel, red indicators, black headlamps

AnubisZed

Spot the difference

Post by AnubisZed » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:00 pm

The trims for the buttons are exactly the same but black. The lower centre trim fits the same, but the M-Sport one is a single piece whereas the standard is a two piece. I do like the black so may spray my iriginal centre trim.black and sell the M-Sport one (they sell for quite a lot ofmoney for some reason)
Dave

Silverstar

Spot the difference

Post by Silverstar » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:04 pm

AnubisZed wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:00 pm I do like the black so may spray my iriginal centre trim.black and sell the M-Sport one (they sell for quite a lot ofmoney for some reason)
Because it has the coveted M logo. Anything with an M logo price goes up.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red