Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Full Halo/Angel Eyes without cutting the headlight

Submit How-To's here and the moderators will allocate them to the appropriate section
jock156

Post by jock156 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:01 pm

On my to do list after my holiday :thumbsup:

smorris_12

Post by smorris_12 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:06 am

Cannon1891 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:39 pm I've followed the steps above but have a slight flicker/pulse about once every second. I've used the Qasim lights mentioned above from Amazon
You need to code out the bulb test feature in the LKM light module. The LKM tests bulbs by blasting a quick pulse thru them which, with LEDs and their fast response time, becomes visible.
------
Scott

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

2006 Z4 2.5si Silbergrau und rot

Cannon1891

Post by Cannon1891 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:19 am

Cheers Scott, Only had the car just over a week, lots of things to do, haven't yet got on to scanner/software etc. I might ask for some advice soon.
The pulse is hardly noticeable but will get dealt with at some point, I think I may add a drl relay for the halo's so they're off when the xenon/halogens are on, but that's making the job a little bigger than necessary at the moment.

Can the sidelights be coded to be off when dipped or main beam is on ? Or is this hard wired in?

You'll have to forgive my poor knowledge of the electrics, not my bag :)

Cheers,

Phil

smorris_12

Post by smorris_12 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:37 am

There's various ways of removing the fur from the feline when it comes to coding. I always use NCSExpert which can be a bit hardcore but easier ones abound, although they don't always do every option.

There's all sorts of weird configuration things and, from memory, some of them might be to exclude one light when another comes on but it's a while since I played with them.
------
Scott

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

2006 Z4 2.5si Silbergrau und rot