Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wanted / titanium silver hardtop

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
mc.d

Wanted / titanium silver hardtop

Post by mc.d » Thu May 14, 2009 8:36 pm

i'm looking to buy the above for my Z4,have just missed two on ebay so i have been told :roll: allways the way.
Got a few trips to france from end of August( parents just bought an apartment so free weekend hol's :thumbsup: ) so it may help on those motorway miles & poor weather.

Thx
MD

liTTle wHitE sHarK..

Re: Wanted / titanium silver hardtop

Post by liTTle wHitE sHarK.. » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi,

Not sure whether you're still looking for a Z4 hardtop. I've just listed a Toledo Blue one for sale in this forum. It's in tip top condition. I live in the West Midlands, if you are interested please PM me.

Ian_Mac

Post by Ian_Mac » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:37 pm

I'm sure there was a member on here who had a titanium hard top on a sterling grey car and was asking advice as to getting it sprayed.

Maybe you could buy this one and do a swap

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-Z4-hard-top-s ... 7C294%3A50
Mods so far : 3" stubby ariel, chrome exhaust tips, de-badging, clear side indicators, CDV delete, cruise, clear 3rd brake light, cup-holders, Z4M alloys. Sadly now gone!

mc.d

Post by mc.d » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:19 pm

Thanks both ,
yes im still looking at the mo.
Little white shark may pm you, as it happens i have my eye on a titanium silver hardtop should know shortly if its going to be mine?

MD

RichardG

Post by RichardG » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:42 pm

Ian_Mac wrote:I'm sure there was a member on here who had a titanium hard top on a sterling grey car and was asking advice as to getting it sprayed.

Maybe you could buy this one and do a swap

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-Z4-hard-top-s ... 7C294%3A50
That would be me, it's still currently Titanium Silver although I do plan to get it sprayed, however if a member wants to swap for a Sterling Grey I would be open negotiations. :thumbsup:
04 2.5 SE, Alpine iDA X-305, Eibach's, M Tri-Colour MFSW, CF Roundells, LeatherZ Armrest, De-Gingered, 19" VMR V710's, Aero Skirts, Fr & R M Bumpers, Quad Exhaust and NO Stubby

mc.d

Post by mc.d » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:30 pm

Hi RichardG, PM sent.

MD

Ian_Mac

Post by Ian_Mac » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:38 pm

I'm like Cilla Black, shall I buy a hat!! :rofl:
Mods so far : 3" stubby ariel, chrome exhaust tips, de-badging, clear side indicators, CDV delete, cruise, clear 3rd brake light, cup-holders, Z4M alloys. Sadly now gone!

mc.d

Post by mc.d » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:45 pm

LOL,
you never know :D

MD

Mr Whippy

Post by Mr Whippy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:04 pm

mc.d wrote:i'm looking to buy the above for my Z4,have just missed two on ebay so i have been told :roll: allways the way.
Got a few trips to france from end of August( parents just bought an apartment so free weekend hol's :thumbsup: ) so it may help on those motorway miles & poor weather.

Thx
MD
Just a query, but if your doing trips and don't want the roof down, then you will get more boot capacity with the roof up and using the fabric one, than with it down, and a hardtop on + you will be further under max gross weight without the hardtop on (good again for luggage on trips)

Is a hardtop really needed for long-distance motorway miles?

Dave
04 3.0i, Titanium Silver, 107s, red m-sport interior

mc.d

Post by mc.d » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi Mr Whippy,
The luggage side of things is not really a problem as we are able to travel light,but can see your point.Once we are there the top comes off.
I not sure if a hardtop is needed for motorway miles, but folks seem to say it makes it quieter in the cabin so that can only be a good thing.For me it will help protect the soft top in the winter months and a little more security/piece of mind on the trips with any over night stops.

MD