Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Debadge or Not Debadge

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift

Debadge or Not Debadge

Yes
21%
No
40%
Undecided
21%
Yes and the badge on the boot
19%

Total votes: 48

rabman5

Post by rabman5 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:49 pm

I like my ///M badges, :D but I have a 318i badge from a car I had a few years ago. The prior owner must have taken it off.

E85

Post by E85 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:06 pm

yes, debadging or adding badges normally goes to making the car into a sleeper or making the car into more than it actually is. funniest one i've seen is a Geo with the Integra Type R badge on it. as many would say, that sooooooooo RICE!!!

i know most of us here are quite in the know about cars and realistically, the Z4 isn't THAT fast, but for sure it's quick and faster than most other cars on the road, but whether you drive a 2.5 or an M, when you drive by most people on the street they would not think of a Z4 as slow

let's say you took a Z4 (any model) with all the badges, drove it by a bunch of people, then drive the same car by the same people without the badges ... i doubt they would think any differently about the car!!

E85

Post by E85 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:10 pm

for those of us who wash the car often (ie. a few times a week) and wax the car a few times a year, not having badges makes the job WAAAAAAAAAAY easier!!!!

trying to pick out the wax residue from in between the numbers (ie. the "3" in a 3.0 and the "5" in the 2.5) is requires a very very concentrated effort, while without it there, you just glide over

E85

debadging E46 M3

Post by E85 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:14 pm

oh yah, and the most ridiculous "debadging" I've ever heard of is from a story about the E46 M3

in case you didn't know, an E46M3 has side grills in the front 1/4 panels and on those grills says "M3". I've heard of people trying to turn their M3s into sleepers by debadging the "M"s off the car INCLUDING changing those 1/4 panels into regular 3-series ones

i just don't get it. i would be proud to drive an M and would be proud to have those "M"s on my car (as long as i really had an M, so i won't be putting any "M"s on my 3.0 anytime soon :P ) why would people go spend that much money on such a nice car just to make it look watered down???? :cry:

why don't they just go buy a civic or say a hyundai accent and drop some crazy 300 hp engine in there?? THAT would be a true sleeper!!!