Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

a friendly bunch

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
bingboybri

a friendly bunch

Post by bingboybri » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:52 pm

hi,just been out for a drive around the scottish highlands and its been my first wee tour in the zed and i must say other zed drivers are very friendly towards you....... ive had peeps ,waves,flashes of thier lights and nods of the heads......... ive never had this before with any other car ive owned
its nice to get noticed especialy by other zed drivers,it was mainly z4 drivers and one z3 driver too

cheers guys it it was any of you lot!
2003 z4 3.0i se auto,black with black roof,red leather,auto lights and wipers,ac, 6 cd, pdc,traction ,heated/elec memory seats,18 compomotive wheels and a great big grin on my face you couldnt crack with a sledge hammer.(oh and my new stubby from pav

tehdarkstar

Post by tehdarkstar » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:23 pm

Yeah, the few people I've met driving Z4MCs were very enthusiastic in playing around, flashing, thumbs up and everything.

The other day I was going down South as well and a guy in a very good looking Z4 3.0si Roadster in black with red leather was keen to give me the thumbs up.

That allied with the comments I get in the road make owning this car that little bit more special. :)
Z4M Coupe! :sweetheart:

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:34 pm

Yeah i've noticed lots of freindly waves and such.
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:24 pm

I almost always wave or give a "thumbs up" to other Z's unless I am drinking hot coffee and shifting and would say that I get a response of about 50 to 60% of the time. Frankly I am a little disappointed that the response is not a little higher as there is a similar tradition with Jeep Wrangler owners and there is about an 80% plus response with them.
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:21 am

WLH wrote:I almost always wave or give a "thumbs up" to other Z's unless I am drinking hot coffee and shifting and would say that I get a response of about 50 to 60% of the time. Frankly I am a little disappointed that the response is not a little higher as there is a similar tradition with Jeep Wrangler owners and there is about an 80% plus response with them.
Ditto, seems to be a few snobs driving the Zed on the East Coast, I gotta get my butt back down south where the sun is HOT and the women are SWEET (or is it the other way around?).
Member ZSCCA

zednik

Post by zednik » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:12 am

Here in San Diego County the response I've gotten to a wave is maybe 20% and that's only men. Half the Zed's here are driven by 30 something fashionista dames who are oblivious to anything but their own reflection in their mis-adjusted rear view mirrors.
AKA......Lord Febreeze

AlanL

Post by AlanL » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:26 am

Still waiting for a first response to a wave or a nod in my travels so far. :(

*edit* - I have seen one person in my area with a ///M (rcnet) that offered a response.

I still keep trying but this is the least enthusiastic car owner camaraderie I have experienced in the last 5 years.

2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe - Silver Gray, Black Extended Leather, Dark Birch trim
Premium pkg, Sports Pkg, M seats, Clear Bra, Heated seats, NAV, DICE, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s