Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Clutch & Flywheel Search :: Advice?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Sephanite

Clutch & Flywheel Search :: Advice?

Post by Sephanite » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:42 pm

Time for the new clutch and flywheel but i dont want to go with the OEM BMW one since the revs dont move as freely as i want it to. I am also looking at reducing a bit of weight aswell and have looked into the ESS tuning one. Only problem, no weight difference mentioned. Any advice on who i can contact?

louis

Re: Clutch & Flywheel Search :: Advice?

Post by louis » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:07 pm

Sephanite wrote:Time for the new clutch and flywheel but i dont want to go with the OEM BMW one since the revs dont move as freely as i want it to. I am also looking at reducing a bit of weight aswell and have looked into the ESS tuning one. Only problem, no weight difference mentioned. Any advice on who i can contact?
ESS tuning actually sells the UUC motorwerks clutch/flywheel package rebranded as their own if i'm not mistaken. just buy direct from UUC if you really want it.

but do you really want a lightweight clutch that'll rattle at the traffic lights when you're in neutral? UUC motorwerks will tell you their special blend of tranny fluid will eliminate or lessen the noise but if you've sat in cars with the clutch, you'll know its :thumbsdown:

after having dealt with rob abt my bbk, i would strongly discourage you from buying important components from UUC unless you're in the US and can get them to install the product for you, since he's well known for pinning the blame on faulty installation.

Sephanite

Post by Sephanite » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:44 am

oh ok... hmmm so there is only the OEM clutch and flywheel to be purchased?

Sephanite

Post by Sephanite » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:54 am

any other opinions on the ESS clutch or any other clutch/flywheel?

i am also looking for the weight of the OEM clutch & flywheel. would anyone know?