Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Monkey mans power adder

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
RJS-Z4

Monkey mans power adder

Post by RJS-Z4 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:07 pm

Matt,

Love the idea, love the experimental nature. This is what people should be doing now these cars are down to the 4k bracket, why not??

Look forward to updates, and like many others I've never heard of the rear mounted turbo concept. :driving:

I'm glad you kept the super brakes, as my zed is now gone... so it would have been a shame to fit them!
Titanium Silver E85 Mods Done - 224's, Stubby, Amarone //M seats, ZHP, Retrofitted Wind Deflector, Aux In

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by john-e89 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Just think of all the ankle biters under 5 yrs old and furry domestic mammals that blower will draw in....it'll be like an industrial leaf sucker on steroids... :o

Great looking build Matt... :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by PerryGunn » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:52 pm

Excellent Matt - wish I had half your fabrication skills :thumbsup:

When we spoke about it at Shepshed, you seemed determined to go down this route and I'm glad you've decided to follow your star and go for it...
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

D4dawg

Monkey mans power adder

Post by D4dawg » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:26 pm

Monkey!!!!!
Matt liking it buddy
Buggers on here doing this type of thing makes me look at f10 m5 lump or ess;).
So stop it !;)

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by firebobby » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:59 pm

Well done Matt, I now know your the mad professor mate. You spoke about it and I thought nah, the new baby monkey will put a stop to that sort of thing, but no, you have persevered and well done to you. :thumbsup:
I think we will need to set up a fund for rear tyres, what sort of power are you expecting ??
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:56 am

RJS-Z4 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:07 pm Matt,

Love the idea, love the experimental nature. This is what people should be doing now these cars are down to the 4k bracket, why not??

Look forward to updates, and like many others I've never heard of the rear mounted turbo concept. :driving:

I'm glad you kept the super brakes, as my zed is now gone... so it would have been a shame to fit them!
Hi Rob

I agree and if you have an idea a pot of cash and a desiger to do why not have a go.

Its a good job i had them as i think i may be needing them too. They work great by the way. Just a shame it was not so easy to get them to actualy fit.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:59 am

john-e89 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:49 pm Just think of all the ankle biters under 5 yrs old and furry domestic mammals that blower will draw in....it'll be like an industrial leaf sucker on steroids... :o

Great looking build Matt... :thumbsup:

It does look like an industrial leaf blower when its off the car
:rofl: :rofl:
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:00 am

PerryGunn wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:52 pm Excellent Matt - wish I had half your fabrication skills :thumbsup:

When we spoke about it at Shepshed, you seemed determined to go down this route and I'm glad you've decided to follow your star and go for it...
I have been talking about it for so long. I had to finaly give it a go.

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:02 am

D4dawg wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:26 pm Monkey!!!!!
Matt liking it buddy
So stop it !;)

Just before you start work out how much you think it will cost. Then double that total and you will probably be close!!! Unless you go for an off the shelf kit it can get very pricy.... I think I am at about £1700 ish and that’s just parts if i added labour in. Well i wouldn’t like to think about that!!!

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:04 am

firebobby wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:59 pm Well done Matt, I now know your the mad professor mate. You spoke about it and I thought nah, the new baby monkey will put a stop to that sort of thing, but no, you have persevered and well done to you. :thumbsup:
I think we will need to set up a fund for rear tyres, what sort of power are you expecting ??
Happy to have a forum fund for my rear tyres Freed. :thumbsup:
As you know i don’t mind lighting the rears up and making a bit of smoke. It might happen now without even trying!! :rofl:

D4dawg

Monkey mans power adder

Post by D4dawg » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:06 am

Machine monkey wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:02 am
D4dawg wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:26 pm Monkey!!!!!
Matt liking it buddy
So stop it !;)

Just before you start work out how much you think it will cost. Then double that total and you will probably be close!!! Unless you go for an off the shelf kit it can get very pricy.... I think I am at about £1700 ish and that’s just parts if i added labour in. Well i wouldn’t like to think about that!!!
Haha only thinking,)
Looks cool as buddy

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Darren Slone » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:41 am

Mat you know my thoughts on this, bloomin fantastic! Way to go buddy! :thumbsup:

You've got the skill, knowledge and balls to do this! Can't wait to see it finished :driving:

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Smartbear » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:59 am

Just a thought, is your turbo post catalyst?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:39 pm

Darren Slone wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:41 am Mat you know my thoughts on this, bloomin fantastic! Way to go buddy! :thumbsup:

You've got the skill, knowledge and balls to do this! Can't wait to see it finished :driving:
Thanks Daren :thumbsup:

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:39 pm

Smartbear wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:59 am Just a thought, is your turbo post catalyst?
Rob
Yes it is unfortunately!!