Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Third Brake Light ! Can't believe it !

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
The Badger

Third Brake Light ! Can't believe it !

Post by The Badger » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:03 pm

Ok guys I replaced the third brake light back in February this year and yesterday I noticed the boot was wet !
On close inspection of the third brake light I noticed on the left hand side that the red lens was coming away from the reflective backing and the sticky rubber seal that holds it in place had failed and the lamp had begun coming away from the body !!!!

As I only bought the part a few months ago from Williams BMW Stockport at a cost of almost £90 I called them today to discuss - here is the bit I can't believe !!

They told me to bring the car straight down for them to inspect the part !
On arrival they had a guy from the parts department inspect the car he agreed the lamp was faulty and have agreed to replace it and fit a brand new one next week for FREE !!!!! Even though I fitted this one !!!!

I know we all often call the stealers but I am gobsmacked at this level of customer service !!!!

Go Williams :driving:
Last edited by The Badger on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

srhutch

Re: Third Brake Light ! Can't believe it !

Post by srhutch » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:08 pm

I always recommend buying the third brake light from the main stealer because of the two year warranty. I had mine replaced after 3 months.

They are so fragile.

The Badger

Post by The Badger » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:05 pm

Yea srhutch - I noticed that it is incredibly fragile - still can't believe that they will replace & fit new for free !

Mark555

Post by Mark555 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:37 pm

What a result! Restores the faith.