Z4-Forum INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
Post Reply
User avatar
ChrisKnottIns
Member
Member
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:13 am

Z4-Forum INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:31 pm

UPDATED: 09/02/2016

Hi to all!

This forum have been in discussion with ourselves about an insurance scheme for registered users on here. We are glad to say that we have signed the deal so I'd just like to introduce myself & our company!

Chris Knott Insurance - http://www.chrisknott.co.uk - have been involved with car clubs for over 20 years so hopefully we'll understand your needs & requirements!

The scheme is for both standard and modified cars with cosmetic changes and bhp increases by no more than 100bhp.

It starts for ages 25 and over, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB.

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that car including RWD experience. There are set overnight parking requirements for some postcodes. The scheme includes Northern Ireland.

No more than 1 SP/PC/PL conviction offence per driver.

We consistently have a very high renewal retention rate meaning that people renew with us because of our constantly competitive insurance premiums & experienced, reliable customer and claims service. That is why we can promote this insurance scheme knowing that we are in it for the long term.

I'll view the site regularly and try to answer any queries that you have also.

In the meantime, please feel free to call the New Business Team when you receive your renewal through. A dedicated team, with years of experience, is waiting for your call! (I personally don't do the quotes).

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 - please don't forget to quote the reference found in my signature below and the club name!
Last edited by ChrisKnottIns on Mon May 16, 2016 11:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
Image
Chris Knott Insurance - 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477)
Club code: Z4-866
LIKE us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

User avatar
sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6579
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:29 pm
Location: Harrogate
Contact:

Re: Z4 FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Post by sp3ctre » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:59 pm

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Tim to the Forum. I have known about Tim from forums I have been involved with in the past, and approached him a while ago to see if we could do something similar. After meeting with Tim and discussing their business I was more than happy to welcome him on-board.

While this is now the "official forum insurance scheme" it goes without saying that z4-forum is not liable regarding anything to do with the insurance as the contract is between the member and ourselves/insurers.

Please aim all questions regarding the insurance scheme at Tim1, I'm sure he will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

User avatar
WLH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12074
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:08 am
Location: Taxsylvania
Contact:

Re: Z4 FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Post by WLH » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:28 pm

Tim1, welcome to the forum... :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos - FZSCCA
Image

User avatar
Herminator
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1800
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 7:23 pm
X-Box live gamer tag: HerminatorPete
Location: Gothenburg

Re: Z4 FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Post by Herminator » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:44 pm

Welcome.

I would be really interested in a quote since my insurance is due at the end of November but it seems there's on claus that rules me out :(
I'll have only had the car 5 months and I don't think a 1.4TDI Polo as a previous car would count as a performance car :roll:

Other than that, my details are 26, 4 years no claims, DL (Darlington) postcode, 2004 3.0l Z4.

Any flexibilty on the years experience?

Out of interest... do you have any insurance policies to cover track days?
Image
'07 Z4MR Silver Grey, black leather, CSLs, Aero Skirts, Eibach Springs
'04 Z4 3.0i Saphire Black M/// Seats Ellipsoids, Clear Headlights- Gone

User avatar
ChrisKnottIns
Member
Member
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:13 am

Re: Z4 FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:52 pm

Herminator wrote:Welcome.

I would be really interested in a quote since my insurance is due at the end of November but it seems there's on claus that rules me out :(
I'll have only had the car 5 months and I don't think a 1.4TDI Polo as a previous car would count as a performance car :roll:

Other than that, my details are 26, 4 years no claims, DL (Darlington) postcode, 2004 3.0l Z4.

Any flexibilty on the years experience?

Out of interest... do you have any insurance policies to cover track days?
Sorry, afraid not (on both counts). Just that the claims history is not good unless there is a year's ownership of a similar car.
Image
Chris Knott Insurance - 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477)
Club code: Z4-866
LIKE us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

User avatar
davidch
Member
Member
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:03 pm

Re: Z4 FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Post by davidch » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:10 pm

How about Mod's Like CSL wheels, Aero side skirts etc. :( Do you insure these?
Last edited by davidch on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOW - 2007 ///M Z4MC, Sapphire Black, Red leather, DSP, Sun Prot, Nav, Heated Seats - 19" BBS's Black Edition's, Aero Skirts, Strut, Stubby.

NOW - 2005 ///M3 Individual Mica Petrol, Extended Champagne Leather ,19's, Sat Nav, Heated seats, HK.

User avatar
sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6579
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:29 pm
Location: Harrogate
Contact:

Re: Z4 FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:55 pm

davidch wrote:How about Mod's Like CSL wheels, Aero side skirts etc. :evil: Do you insure these?
LOL, having that smiley on your question automatically adds £50 to your quote ;)
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

User avatar
davidch
Member
Member
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:03 pm

Re: Z4 FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Post by davidch » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:00 pm

sp3ctre wrote:
davidch wrote:How about Mod's Like CSL wheels, Aero side skirts etc. :evil: Do you insure these?
LOL, having that smiley on your question automatically adds £50 to your quote ;)

What smiley?? :driving:

If it adds £50 i will be upset. :thumbsup:
NOW - 2007 ///M Z4MC, Sapphire Black, Red leather, DSP, Sun Prot, Nav, Heated Seats - 19" BBS's Black Edition's, Aero Skirts, Strut, Stubby.

NOW - 2005 ///M3 Individual Mica Petrol, Extended Champagne Leather ,19's, Sat Nav, Heated seats, HK.

User avatar
ChrisKnottIns
Member
Member
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:13 am

Re: Z4 FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:50 pm

davidch wrote:How about Mod's Like CSL wheels, Aero side skirts etc. :( Do you insure these?
Yes, no problem.
Image
Chris Knott Insurance - 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477)
Club code: Z4-866
LIKE us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

User avatar
cj10jeeper
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 17321
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:50 am
Location: Lichfield, England

Re: Z4 FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:48 am

Welcome to the Forum Chris.
A couple of weeks too late for me as I just reinsured the Z4 with Tesco as they price matched me and do other insurance policies (buildings, content, etc.), but I'm not wedded to them.

You can perhaps help me with one issue on insurance. I have several cars all with different insurance policies on them

BMW Z4, BMW X5 a pair of heavily modified Jeeps as hobby cars (a '98 TJ and an '85 CJ10a) Since my wife and I are the only drivers of the BMW's should I be looking at a policy to cover both or indeed all the cars or, continue to do then as separate vehicles? Lots of NCB, 50+ years, low mileage, no claims and all that good stuff to reduce premiums.

Thanks
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Big brakes, Sports seats
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Viper
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:14 pm
Location: Bucks

Re: Z4 FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Post by Viper » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:00 pm

Welcome Tim,

I will be in touch when my insurance is due!

User avatar
ChrisKnottIns
Member
Member
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:13 am

Re: Z4 FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:35 pm

cj10jeeper wrote:Welcome to the Forum Chris.
A couple of weeks too late for me as I just reinsured the Z4 with Tesco as they price matched me and do other insurance policies (buildings, content, etc.), but I'm not wedded to them.

You can perhaps help me with one issue on insurance. I have several cars all with different insurance policies on them

BMW Z4, BMW X5 a pair of heavily modified Jeeps as hobby cars (a '98 TJ and an '85 CJ10a) Since my wife and I are the only drivers of the BMW's should I be looking at a policy to cover both or indeed all the cars or, continue to do then as separate vehicles? Lots of NCB, 50+ years, low mileage, no claims and all that good stuff to reduce premiums.

Thanks
Over the years, I have found it cheaper to insure each car individually because i've noticed when an insurer provides multi-car policies they have kept one car cheap but the other(s) higher as it's harder to extricate one car from this type of policy.

At least insuring them separately can mean you can be assured of getting the best deal on each car!
Image
Chris Knott Insurance - 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477)
Club code: Z4-866
LIKE us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

mason storm
Member
Member
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Z4 FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Post by mason storm » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi Tim

I'll certainly be asking you for a quote come February next year as I really want to get my insurance cost down.
2.5se Roadster - First Z
3.0 si Sport Coupe - now sold :cry:

User avatar
cj10jeeper
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 17321
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:50 am
Location: Lichfield, England

Re: Z4 FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm

Tim1 wrote:
cj10jeeper wrote:Welcome to the Forum Chris.
A couple of weeks too late for me as I just reinsured the Z4 with Tesco as they price matched me and do other insurance policies (buildings, content, etc.), but I'm not wedded to them.

You can perhaps help me with one issue on insurance. I have several cars all with different insurance policies on them

BMW Z4, BMW X5 a pair of heavily modified Jeeps as hobby cars (a '98 TJ and an '85 CJ10a) Since my wife and I are the only drivers of the BMW's should I be looking at a policy to cover both or indeed all the cars or, continue to do then as separate vehicles? Lots of NCB, 50+ years, low mileage, no claims and all that good stuff to reduce premiums.

Thanks
Over the years, I have found it cheaper to insure each car individually because i've noticed when an insurer provides multi-car policies they have kept one car cheap but the other(s) higher as it's harder to extricate one car from this type of policy.

At least insuring them separately can mean you can be assured of getting the best deal on each car!

Thanks Tim - that knocks that idea and thought on the head then and great to hear it from someone 'in the know' on such matters.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Big brakes, Sports seats
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

bingboybri
Member
Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:22 pm

Re: Z4 FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Post by bingboybri » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:32 pm

hi tim...
just a quickie..
is it only performance cars you do? as i sold my z4 and bought a diesel 330 vert!!
and also i have a new van looking for a quote on in the nets week


dont ask dont get..
cheers
2003 z4 3.0i se auto,black with black roof,red leather,auto lights and wipers,ac, 6 cd, pdc,traction ,heated/elec memory seats,18 compomotive wheels and a great big grin on my face you couldnt crack with a sledge hammer.(oh and my new stubby from pav

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest