Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bluetooth phone connection issue

"M" Specific discussion
RedUn

Post by RedUn » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:20 am

You need to follow the instructions exactly or else it won't work! Old skool technology, I quite like it in a weird way!
IMOLA Z4///MR

Wood Butcher

Post by Wood Butcher » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:41 am

My Samsung S6 paired fine with the car. I asked the salesman to connect if for me, but watching him do it, it didn't seem complicated.

Tring Man

Post by Tring Man » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:10 am

Have now successfully paired and then connected an android phone (old nexus 4), but S7 still just pairs and then fails to connect. Is there any way to upgrade or replace the Ulf module with a more up to date one as others on thread show S7 can work?

RedUn

Post by RedUn » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:38 am

Sounds more like a setting on your phone to me? Did you add the car as a trusted Bluetooth device and all that?
IMOLA Z4///MR

Tring Man

Post by Tring Man » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:22 pm

The phone pairs fine (pass code accepted successfully), but it will not subsequently connect.

Mangozac

Post by Mangozac » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:27 pm

You can buy a latest 13th gen ULF but they're not cheap :(

https://store.bimmernav.com/products/bm ... 8-13th-gen

Your other option would be to find out what gen you have (by cross referencing the part number on the ULF you have installed) and just hunt around for one that's a later generation.
Current: 06 E85 M Silbergrau
Previous: E85 3.0si Silbergrau, 03 E85 2.5i Maldives Blue.
Mods: Gaptech OTH+R, Dension Gateway 300 with USB, CDV-, clear side indicators, euro tails, stubby, MFSW retrofit, OEM Bluetooth/VR

Kernow-Z4

Post by Kernow-Z4 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:10 am

I have a sony xperia z5, connected mine when i purchased the car and it appeared not to be able to connect, No contacts available and phone pairing message etc... So i gave up
Driving along one day and the phone rang throught the car, even though it doesnt display contacts or let you use the handfree interface, mine can still make and recieve calls.
2006 Z4 ///M Coupe, Interlagos Blue, Black Leather, Eventuri intake and Stromung Exhaust

dgm

Post by dgm » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:22 am

The car in question is registered in December 2006 I think, whilst mine is registered in September 06. My car has handled every phone paired with it without issue, including every iteration of the iPhone from the 4 to the 7. On that basis I doubt the problem the OP is having is anything to do with the version of the ULF.
06 Z4MC, Sapphire black, Aero sideskirts, BMW strutbrace, CSL's, Remus back boxes, Intravee and Alpine DAB

85genius

Post by 85genius » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:08 pm

Tring Man wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:10 am Have now successfully paired and then connected an android phone (old nexus 4), but S7 still just pairs and then fails to connect. Is there any way to upgrade or replace the Ulf module with a more up to date one as others on thread show S7 can work?
Try calling the S7 (or calling from it for that matter) when it is paired but not connected you may find it just works....

My Xperia Z5 does the same thing pairs then doesn't connect so I cant access phone book or last called numbers but it will still receive incoming calls and I can make outgoing calls from the phone screen and the audio will transfer top the car.

Mine worked fine on my old Xperia running android 5.1 but after upgrading it to 6.0 it works the same retarded way as my current phone on android 7
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

85genius

Post by 85genius » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:08 pm

Kernow-Z4 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:10 am I have a sony xperia z5, connected mine when i purchased the car and it appeared not to be able to connect, No contacts available and phone pairing message etc... So i gave up
Driving along one day and the phone rang throught the car, even though it doesnt display contacts or let you use the handfree interface, mine can still make and recieve calls.
same same
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

Manfred

Post by Manfred » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:17 pm

Thanks for this. I had this problem after swapping phones to a Sony Experia XA. Followed the procedure to Log Off/Reset and now the new phone paired first time.
2006 Z4MC Silver Grey

Muckinonthesofa

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:29 pm

85genius wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:08 pm
Kernow-Z4 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:10 am I have a sony xperia z5, connected mine when i purchased the car and it appeared not to be able to connect, No contacts available and phone pairing message etc... So i gave up
same same

Yep, same here with Samsung.
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

Lower

Post by Lower » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:46 pm

If your going to spend any money fixing the problem I'd recommend spending it on a parrot kit. The microphone on the oem kit is crap.
57 Z4MC Interlagos blue, Champagne leather, Carbon Dash, SatNav, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Logic 7, Heated Seats, Rear Park sensors, Isofix and airbag disable switch for the ideal family car :)
Now Sold and replaced with a M2

RedUn

Post by RedUn » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:44 pm

Lower wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:46 pm If your going to spend any money fixing the problem I'd recommend spending it on a parrot kit. The microphone on the oem kit is crap.
Try it with the roof down! :rofl:

I've been told it's like talking to someone in a wind tunnel!
IMOLA Z4///MR

Lower

Post by Lower » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:07 pm

I just gave up trying to use it as at anything faster than around 50mph the person at the other end just couldn't hear me.

And i have the faster version so my roof doesn't go down anyway :)
57 Z4MC Interlagos blue, Champagne leather, Carbon Dash, SatNav, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Logic 7, Heated Seats, Rear Park sensors, Isofix and airbag disable switch for the ideal family car :)
Now Sold and replaced with a M2