Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Brake fluid quantity ??

"M" Specific discussion
hopz121
Lifer
Lifer

Brake fluid quantity ??

Post by hopz121 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:29 am

D4dawg wrote:1: these 135i rear calipers ARE NOT GOING ON MY CAR and up for sale
2: guido or similar name has fitted these to the rear of his 3.0 his post in e85/86 area so could be worth a read

3: They do fit lugs on rear perfectly and rear lugs could be slotted to move them in the 17mm difference between 328 csl disc v 345 they are designed to fit or pads machined to remove 5mm off excess hence doesn't catch edge of disc
Or fit a 345 disc and fit perfectly

4: I have bought brembo 4pots to fit my rear
Good I assumed you had fitted and were driving around on them looking at your pictures,

In there current state (as per picture) they are dangerous and I would not be using them, i'm sure with some fettling and special brackets they could work.

Good luck with your 4 Pots :thumbsup:
2004 BMW E46 M3 Coupe - Manual - Silver Grey
2017 BMW F31 318d M-Sport - Auto - Glacier Silver
2007 Porsche Cayman 2.7 - Manual - Arctic Silver
2003 Renault Clio 172 Cup - Blue
2003 BMW E85 Z4 3.0i - Gone
2008 BMW E90 330i SE - Gone

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Brake fluid quantity ??

Post by cj10jeeper » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:50 am

D4dawg wrote:1: these 135i rear calipers ARE NOT GOING ON MY CAR and up for sale
2: guido or similar name has fitted these to the rear of his 3.0 his post in e85/86 area so could be worth a read

3: They do fit lugs on rear perfectly and rear lugs could be slotted to move them in the 17mm difference between 328 csl disc v 345 they are designed to fit or pads machined to remove 5mm off excess hence doesn't catch edge of disc

I had assumed they were to be sold not fitted. My health warning remains that potential buyers need to know what they are doing and retrofit correctly. Shaving edges off pads or slotting mountings is not a sensible way to go
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

D4dawg

Brake fluid quantity ??

Post by D4dawg » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:44 pm

hopz121 wrote:

Good I assumed you had fitted and were driving around on them looking at your pictures,

In there current state (as per picture) they are dangerous and I would not be using them, i'm sure with some fettling and special brackets they could work.

Good luck with your 4 Pots :thumbsup:
Not at all buddy so thank you for concern as if met in middle hahah weeeeeeee
Well you can use a 135i rear disc and mod it a bit or slot lugs on rear axle as then could fit and slide nearer the disc
Maybe even fit them on fronts?
As bigger than my M oem front calipers hahah

4 pots arrived box with them lines and brackets awaiting opening ;)

Pics up once all been custom painted as these are all red and well I don't want red brakes ;)

D4dawg

Brake fluid quantity ??

Post by D4dawg » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:57 pm

cj10jeeper wrote:

I had assumed they were to be sold not fitted. My health warning remains that potential buyers need to know what they are doing and retrofit correctly. Shaving edges off pads or slotting mountings is not a sensible way to go
There is a way to fit them as ms.raceline do the fitting
But they were playing hard ball with me as to what I needed to do to fit!!

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=751080

This boy guidok has done it on his 3.0i
And here are pics on z4m

So I'll post them in sale area now :)

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Brake fluid quantity ??

Post by cj10jeeper » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:32 pm

So we're in total agreement. Correctly fitting with machined parts and adaptation works, but not bodging by cutting off parts of pads or slotting mountings. The latter is dangerous and unsafe

Absolutely go ahead and post them for sale. I've never objected to that
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

D4dawg

Brake fluid quantity ??

Post by D4dawg » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:53 pm

cj10jeeper wrote:So we're in total agreement. Correctly fitting with machined parts and adaptation works, but not bodging by cutting off parts of pads or slotting mountings. The latter is dangerous and unsafe

Absolutely go ahead and post them for sale. I've never objected to that
Agreed buddy
Hence bought 4 pots ;)
Turned up today all shiny with brackets and lines

Stu Boy

Brake fluid quantity ??

Post by Stu Boy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:24 pm

I'm in the process of doing this very same mod to the brakes. I'm gutted that the rears are proving a challenge :cry: Not sure how that company MS has managed to keep the caliper in the same position and get it right, they must have modified the mountings on the rear arm or the caliper lugs :idunno:
2007 Z4 ///M Roadster, Black Sapphire, Nav, Deflector, Eibach's, Bilstein B6's, OEM CSL's 6 Pot BMW Performance Calipers

D4dawg

Brake fluid quantity ??

Post by D4dawg » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:40 pm

I think either drilled lugs and slotted
Or used different pads buddy

For 3.0 easier as different lugs
Hence im going 4 pot
Are you doing fronts?

Stu Boy

Brake fluid quantity ??

Post by Stu Boy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:04 am

Yes the 6 pot BMW performance calipers, I bought some custom brackets from a guy on the M3 Cutters forum. Not fitted them yet though. I've been trying to find a way of sorting the rears without modifying the Zed at all so it can always go back to standard.
I think the 4 pots and brackets may be the way to go but I'll not give up just yet.
Where did you get yours from?
2007 Z4 ///M Roadster, Black Sapphire, Nav, Deflector, Eibach's, Bilstein B6's, OEM CSL's 6 Pot BMW Performance Calipers

D4dawg

Brake fluid quantity ??

Post by D4dawg » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:13 am

No brackets on front 10mm spacers made :)

Stu Boy

Brake fluid quantity ??

Post by Stu Boy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:16 am

D4dawg wrote:No brackets on front 10mm spacers made :)
I realised that's all it is when I compared the originals to the custom ones. Custom's are very nice though in aluminum :)

D4dawg

Brake fluid quantity ??

Post by D4dawg » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:18 am

Stu Boy wrote:
D4dawg wrote:No brackets on front 10mm spacers made :)
I realised that's all it is when I compared the originals to the custom ones. Custom's are very nice though in aluminum :)
Hahah I bet;)
Got myself sexy rear brackets and specially milled alloy spacers;)