Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Winter Project

"M" Specific discussion
VRSteve

Winter Project

Post by VRSteve » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:17 pm

Mangozac wrote:It's a Radum DSLP606. Here's a couple of photos: https://goo.gl/photos/1PeC4TsU7uGTM9X6A
That looks just the job.

Thank you!
///M|Silver Grey|Black Leather|BT|Nav|DSP|Heated Seats|PDC|Stubby|Turner Limiters|Turner Rear Top Mounts|Bilstein B12|Powerflex ARB Bushes|Powerflex Lollipops|M-Track|
SOLD

Mangozac

Winter Project

Post by Mangozac » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:06 pm

VRSteve wrote: That looks just the job.

Thank you!
No worries, mate! Drop me a line if you ever have any questions about it ;)

Not to rub it in, but like you did recently I replaced the RTABs and fitted limiters over the weekend and it would have been way harder without the lift!
Current: 06 E85 M Silbergrau
Previous: E85 3.0si Silbergrau, 03 E85 2.5i Maldives Blue.
Mods: Gaptech OTH+R, Dension Gateway 300 with USB, CDV-, clear side indicators, euro tails, stubby, MFSW retrofit, OEM Bluetooth/VR

VRSteve

Winter Project

Post by VRSteve » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:37 am

Mangozac wrote:
VRSteve wrote: That looks just the job.

Thank you!
No worries, mate! Drop me a line if you ever have any questions about it ;)

Not to rub it in, but like you did recently I replaced the RTABs and fitted limiters over the weekend and it would have been way harder without the lift!
Yeah doing it all on the floor was a pain. I'm too old for working on cold concrete floors these days!!

Do you find the lift is stable enough??? I'm torn between one like yours, and one that has 2 parallel platforms that the car sits over:

http://www.automotechservices.co.uk/pro ... ssor-lift/
///M|Silver Grey|Black Leather|BT|Nav|DSP|Heated Seats|PDC|Stubby|Turner Limiters|Turner Rear Top Mounts|Bilstein B12|Powerflex ARB Bushes|Powerflex Lollipops|M-Track|
SOLD

Mangozac

Winter Project

Post by Mangozac » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:29 am

VRSteve wrote: Yeah doing it all on the floor was a pain. I'm too old for working on cold concrete floors these days!!

Do you find the lift is stable enough??? I'm torn between one like yours, and one that has 2 parallel platforms that the car sits over:

http://www.automotechservices.co.uk/pro ... ssor-lift/
It's definitely stable enough. The car can wobble a bit when you really yank hard on something, but a rattle gun and/or longer breaker bar would stop that.

If I was buying new I'd be hard to pass up the 2 platform one like you linked to though. It would be really nice to not have to muck around making sure you have the car positioning right for the arms on my lift to pick up the jacking points and the lack of bars between the two would make access to some spots slightly easier. Plus you wouldn't need the timber ramps ;)
Current: 06 E85 M Silbergrau
Previous: E85 3.0si Silbergrau, 03 E85 2.5i Maldives Blue.
Mods: Gaptech OTH+R, Dension Gateway 300 with USB, CDV-, clear side indicators, euro tails, stubby, MFSW retrofit, OEM Bluetooth/VR