Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4M Roadster Servicing Costs

"M" Specific discussion
T3Jn

Z4M Roadster Servicing Costs

Post by T3Jn » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:02 pm

HI

I'm close to signing on the dotted line for a Z4M Roadster as was wondering the servicing costs, struggling to find specific info for UK cars.

We're looking at a Feb 08 car with 8300 miles, computer claims 4000 miles to next service. I am expecting to be doing less than 10k miles/year.

Currently I've got an 06 3.0i that i've had almost 3 years and only 1 service over that time, cost about £250, but I know the M is a completely different ball game.

Advice or links would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom
Z4MR Monaco Blue

fridaypassion

Re: Z4M Roadster Servicing Costs

Post by fridaypassion » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:53 pm

At that mileage your next service will only be an oil service so about 200 notes. Inspecion 1 is roughly 5-800 depending on if your using indie/bm and inspection 2 I dont want to think about :D

T3Jn

Post by T3Jn » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:56 pm

That's not so bad. As I understand it you need to use a BM for servicing if you want to extend the waranty or get a decent trade in?
Z4MR Monaco Blue

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:00 pm

T3Jn wrote:That's not so bad. As I understand it you need to use a BM for servicing if you want to extend the waranty or get a decent trade in?
Give your local dealer a ring and ask them for prices, then you will know for sure.

Doh

Post by Doh » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:16 pm

just had my coupe serviced(first oil service 13k) at Sytner Nottingham - £186 all in

we worth ringing round a few and they should price match, leicester wanted £230.... £45 for a couple of phone calls well worth it :)

sammyz

Post by sammyz » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:46 pm

My 12,000 mile service included oil change and brake fluid at two years old and cost £230 from main dealer.
Yas Marina Blue 35i.

Caddyshk

Post by Caddyshk » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:12 pm

T3Jn wrote:HI

I'm close to signing on the dotted line for a Z4M Roadster as was wondering the servicing costs, struggling to find specific info for UK cars.

We're looking at a Feb 08 car with 8300 miles, computer claims 4000 miles to next service. I am expecting to be doing less than 10k miles/year.

Currently I've got an 06 3.0i that i've had almost 3 years and only 1 service over that time, cost about £250, but I know the M is a completely different ball game.

Advice or links would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom
If service cost is of concern, this may not be the car for you.
2006 Z4MC IB - LL93158
SS Race M, RE X Pipe, FS Headers/DFK Sec 1, OE STB, DZ CDV, AS SS, GC CoilOvers, SP FCAB, RE RTAB, VT Engine Mts, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC, RE Clutch Stop, RE Tran Mounts, LeatherZ MSB, Tekarbon Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS

mikedav

Post by mikedav » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:10 am

Oil Service: £180-£230 depending on dealer / price matching
Insp 1: £600-£900 depending on dealer / price matching
Insp 2: £800-£1200 depending on dealer / price matching

If you go Independent you can reduce those a lot. Just had mine serviced at 23k, Wood BMW in Bournemouth price matched Cotswolds BMW, £600inc VAT.
Caddyshk wrote:If service cost is of concern, this may not be the car for you.
I disagree. Wanting to know what the service costs are in advance just seem like common sense to me

Caddyshk

Post by Caddyshk » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:58 am

M does not = any sense!
2006 Z4MC IB - LL93158
SS Race M, RE X Pipe, FS Headers/DFK Sec 1, OE STB, DZ CDV, AS SS, GC CoilOvers, SP FCAB, RE RTAB, VT Engine Mts, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC, RE Clutch Stop, RE Tran Mounts, LeatherZ MSB, Tekarbon Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS

mikedav

Post by mikedav » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:46 am

Of course it does - man logic my friend. For example:

Extra acceleration = you reach destinations quicker, allowing you to get more done in a working day and thus generate more income for the company and economy as a whole. Not to mention by using more fuel than a boring car, you are contributing more tax revenue to the government, allowing them to offer incentives to firms in other areas and thus creating jobs. So obviously

Z4M ownership = End to the recession, and not buying one would be ignoring your civic duty.

We all need one to do our part.

:D

fridaypassion

Post by fridaypassion » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:27 am

Someone made the "if your counting the cost the m is not for you" comment to me on another forum. I think that's a bit of an elitist thing to say. Don't forget that due to epic depreciation the z4m is getting very affordable now. In the uk you can spend more on a specced up family saloon car than the m costs.

There's nothing wrong with getting the facts together on costs. Those of us who work very hard to pay for our cars won't be throwing money at the car needlessly.

Doh

Post by Doh » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:20 am

fridaypassion wrote:
There's nothing wrong with getting the facts together on costs. Those of us who work very hard to pay for our cars won't be throwing money at the car needlessly.
agreed, theres always people with that attitude on interweb forums though... i was looking at an MPG thread on another forum about a 335i, about 2 posts in someone was spouting the... "you don't by them for that reason" rubbish.. does my head in!

Breaker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Breaker » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:09 pm

mikedav wrote:Of course it does - man logic my friend. For example:

Extra acceleration = you reach destinations quicker,
:D
Ah, yes, but in the real world......................................... :poke:

:fuelfire: :rofl:
Last edited by Breaker on Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3.0si Z4 Coupe then an sDrive 35i Z4. Great cars, now gone. Range Rover Evoque owner now! :)

Breaker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Breaker » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:10 pm

Caddyshk wrote:M does not = any sense!
Yay! That's the second thing we agree on!! :poke: :rofl:
3.0si Z4 Coupe then an sDrive 35i Z4. Great cars, now gone. Range Rover Evoque owner now! :)

Caddyshk

Post by Caddyshk » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:39 pm

fridaypassion wrote:Someone made the "if your counting the cost the m is not for you" comment to me on another forum. I think that's a bit of an elitist thing to say. Don't forget that due to epic depreciation the z4m is getting very affordable now. In the uk you can spend more on a specced up family saloon car than the m costs.

Here are the ~ Facts...

Double $$ everything from oil changes to brakes - Nothing elitist about it - just managing expectations.
2006 Z4MC IB - LL93158