Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW Head-Up Screen

"M" Specific discussion
Cb3749

BMW Head-Up Screen

Post by Cb3749 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:36 pm

After even more research I have found a conversion interface at £200, but here comes the rub.
I would need to have software written to convert the ///M R signal (k can 100) to a signal the HUD can read (k can2 800).
I have found a company based at Silverstone that can do this but the price - up to £3500 + VAT really makes it too expensive.

Charlie B :o :o
///M R sapphire black two tone at present soon to be all black, Bilstein B6 + Eibach springs OEM strut brace cruise control OEM stubby Hayward&Scott exhausts
Previous
E61 550i M sport
E39 M5 x 2
Various 3 and 5 series x 12

IRD

BMW Head-Up Screen

Post by IRD » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:42 pm

Shame this hasn't worked out after all your efforts. It looks like a good bit of kit. I have just booked my 330d Touring in to have one fitted on Tuesday. Had it been possible to have one fitted to the Z4 at a reasonable price I would have been interested. You can pick a new one up for £220 on eBay now so they are no more expensive than a decent sat nav. However, no good it it won't work.