Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4M at Laguna Seca in September

"M" Specific discussion
Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:48 pm

Polarbert wrote:Laguna Seca is a brilliant track. Had a nosey around when we stayed in Monterey for our honeymoon.

If by any chance you're in the San Diego area I'd be more than happy to show you around my yank Imola Red Z4M. Be nice to hear an English accent again!
Thanks for the offer, sadly time/money restricts much in the way of detours. Are you the same Polarbert on Pistonheads? :)
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car
Now sold: Z4M Roadster, the best all round car I have owned.

Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:49 pm

Toe-side wrote:That's a coincidence! I am in Monterey on the 27th and hoping to get a photo shot of us (My wife and I) at Laguna Seca so we might see you! I only realised how close we were to Laguna when I looked at the map
We are driving back from Vegas to San Francisco. We are camping in Yosemite early part of the tour before flying from SF to Vegas :thumbsup:
Wow, will look out for you. I would share my mobile number but think it will be off for most of the trip, hope to see you there. 8)
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car

wspohn

Post by wspohn » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:15 am

I used to run Laguna quite a bit.

Do report back and tell us how you make out with the corkscrew...... :evil:
Vancouver BC, Canada
2007 Z4MC
2009 Solstice GXP coupe
1962 MGA Coupe
1956 MGA (rebody+re-engined)
1958 MGA Twin Cam race car
1972 Jensen Interceptor

Toe-side

Post by Toe-side » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:37 pm

Popped up to Laguna, drove in with no body questioning kept driving and driving. I thought I was going to drive onto the track! :lol:
Watched some racing school one seater's and went to the merchandise shop. Very relaxed and friendly set up :)

Before: 2003 3.0 Roadster, Porsche Boxster 987S Now 981S
Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive

Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:36 pm

Looks like you were there on a different day to me judging by the single seaters on track? Hope you had a great trip and bought souvenirs in the shop?

I've been back for a week now but have been pretty ill since getting home. I caught a cold on my second day which I'd just about got over by the trackday and was then fine for the rest of the holiday (passed it to my wife!), sadly once I got home I lost all balance, my vision started swirling around and I was repeatedly sick, diagnosed as an inner ear viral infection. I've never had a problem with this before but it's stopped me working and driving for a week, I'm still not 100% yet.
Anyway, that didn't stop us having the holiday of a lifetime, we took over 2000 photos, the highlight being the trackday in the Z4M of course. Trip write up as follows (takes deep breath):

Day 1: Thursday 22nd Sept. My wife and I (Elizabeth) drove to Gatwick, using the 'park on my drive' website which was a decent saving of £50, including the house owner dropping us off at the terminal. Direct flight with Norweign on a very nice Being 787 Dreamliner with excellent in flight entertainment (not just my witty banter). Interesting to look down on Iceland, Greenland and Canada en route. By the time we'd watched 3 films the flight was almost over. Landed at Oakland on the same day, shuttle bus to hotel (thank god as Oakland looks rough!), quick swim in the pool then sleep.

Day 2 Friday 23rd Sept. Up at a sensible time to experience our first American hotel breakfast. Mmmmm, waffles. Surprised at the amount of wastage of materials with food, plastic cutlery, paper plates, cups and more all going in the one bin. This would be repeated at almost every hotel we stayed in.
Shuttle bus to the BART station (Bay area rapid transport) to go across the bay to San Francisco. The 49ers weren't playing at home sadly as I'd have loved to have taken in a game, closest was passing by the Raiders stadium. Spent the morning walking around and hopping on and off the various trolley and cable cars (including hanging off the side, great fun), the Muni Mobile App made things really easy.
We took in the cable car museum, twisty road at Lombard Street, Sealions at Pier 39 and Chocolate pud at Ghiradelli Square. I got to try three types of clam chowder, delicious.
We had booked the last trip to Alcatraz of the day which was a good move as crowds were small and towards the end of the tour it felt we had parts of the prison to ourselves. We saw a brightly coloured humming bird but it was too quick to get on camera. Having enjoyed a lovely warm day the temperature on the water and on the Island really dropped cold. I started to feel rough so we cancelled the planned trip to see the Golden Gate bridge up close, probably sensible as it gets dark by 7ish and we were back at the hotel by 8.

Day 3 Saturday 24th Sept. Arrgghhh, disaster, I'd caught a cold, having not had one for well over 6 months, typical. After breakfast it was back to the airport on the hotel shuttle bus to collect our SUV hire car to begin the road trip. Whilst we really wanted to book a V8 or a convertible parts of the trip had to be done on a budget, hence the cheaper SUV, but once at the check in desk I just had to find out how much (inspired by others on the Z4 forum)......So, a V8 Dodge Challenger or a V6 Mustang convertible. I REALLY wanted a V8 but knew that the convertible would be great in sunny weather and mountains, so out came the credit card, I chose a white Mustang and off we went! First time driving in the states, thankfully I'd had a quick read up about turning right at many red lights and etiquette at crossroads but a 7 lane interstate in a lhd auto car with a fresh case of man flu was daunting at first.
Two hours into the drive and we were on a single carriageway road heading to Mammoth Mountain, hundreds of miles away, roof down, hot and then a metal pipe came loose from the back of truck going the opposite direction, no time to swerve and it hit the rear tyre ripping a hole in the sidewall. Pulled over, called Avis who intially called a tow truck but that was almost 2 hours to wait so I said I would change to the space saver spare. Avis directed me to travel to Modesto airport (45 mins in the wrong direction) to swap the car over for something similar, no charge. Ok, off we went, only to find the regional airport quiet and the hire centre shut! On the phone to Avis, sorry about that, go the the next nearest hire centre the other side of Modesto, they are definately open. Well, yes, they were open but were served by a particularly unhelpful lady who didn't want to know and said she had no cars available to swap. Another call to Avis, they called the lady but she was as rude to them! This crisis required food, a nice sports bar called BJ's (!) served up black cherry soda and tasty Pizza, mmm. Rather than waste anymore time of our holiday we decided to press on with the space saver as we still had hours to travel.
Milly the Mustang drove just fine on its space saver, in fact I had some fun as the roads became more twisty towards the Sierra Nevada. :D It's not a muscle car but a 3.7 litre V6 with 300+bhp still makes a nice noise.
The last hour of driving was in darkness, but we'd seen enough to know that the scenery was going to be stunning in daylight next day.

Day 4 Sunday 25th Sept. A day planned hiking. The Alpenhof hotel at Mammoth Lakes was charming, used as a ski lodge in the winter with a fab breakfast that set us up for the day.
A short drive to the Devils Postpile, an unusual basaltic rock formation, similar to the Giants Causeway with hexagonal pieces. We passed on the shuttle bus that ferries tourists around the park, enjoying the long walk in very warm weather to Rainbow Falls. There were chipmunks everywhere, a number of different species, very cute.
Driving back past Mammoth Mountain we stopped at the gondola, paid for a return journey and joined the queue behind the downhill mountain bikers.
At over 11,000ft the views were spectacular, the photos just don't do it justice. The restaurant had just closed when we arrives so we had a walk around and took loads of piccies.
Although my mountain biking days are behind me I did reminisce whilst watching the nutters hurl themselves down the mountain in body armour. Elizabeth didn't enjoy every bit of the Gondola ride on the way down, lol.
Food was needed after a day of exercise, found a friendly place with a great view over the mountains as the sun went down. Another USA boxed ticked with homemade apple pie. Another day where just breakfast and one meal a day is enough. Weather reports were showing that much of California was having a heat wave with temps inland into the 90s and even over 100, unusual for late September. Glad we were in the mountains with just high 70s.
Had a short walk into the village with its friendly ski resort atmosphere even in darkness.

Day 5 Monday 26th Sept. Back to the west coast via Yosemite. Day started with another phone call to Avis to try to sort out the tyre issue. Whilst the car was driving ok on the skinny space-saver spare it was a pain having the larger rear wheel in the boot (trunk) as it meant one of our suitcases had to live on the back seats. A very helpful lady agreed that providing I replaced the tyre for the exact model (Eagle F1 235/50/18) they would refund me at the end of the term. If we were in a major city I'm confident a decent tyre fitters would have one, but in the mountains there wasn't a chance, so after a couple of calls we moved on.
Today was always going to be a bit of a rush with so many beautiful places to stop and take in views. The road from Mammoth to Yosemite is just stunning and goes on for hours. In the UK we are blessed with some great driving roads but many of them are over in 15 minutes, over here you could drive for hours and have a constantly changing, stunning view with smooth tarmac and very little traffic.
After a couple of hours we reached the first planned stop, to see the giant redwoods (Sequoia). Sadly a rare species that is very fussy about its habitat, one of the worlds oldest living things, in excess of 3000 years old! To see the 25 trees at Tuolumne Grove involves a good walk with 700 foot of descending, it was well worth the sweat, they are HUGE. Hard to comprehend what they have been through in the past 300 years.
Back in the car and another stunning drive into Yosemite Park to see the highest waterfalls in North America (Yosemite Falls, 2450ft). A bit of an anti-climax to see just the tiniest amount of water running down the rock, California has had 3 years of quite serious drought. A look around Yosemite village and then back in the car with a couple of hundred miles ahead.
For miles Elizabeth Smitheram and I travelled downhill, losing the thousands of feet gained in the mountains. Whilst the sun went down the temperature went up into the 80s, even into darkness. Stopped at Charles Street Dinner House in Mariposa for Dinner, a delicious Lobster and Filet Steak feast, superb and such friendly people.
The long drive continued for a few more hours before reaching Monterey for the night.

Z4 content coming up, promise.....!
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car

Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:59 pm

Day 6 Tuesday 27th Sept. The day I'd been waiting for! Laguna Seca!
A typical early start with a scorching day forecast ahead. Elizabeth and I get there at 7.30am, sign on and then wait for Ivan, the owner of our ride for the day, the Sepang Bronze Z4M Roadster. Ivan arrived after a short while, we had a chat and I made it clear that it was his baby and that he was in charge!
The day was organised by 'Hooked On Driving' splitting the day between 4 groups who would each drive a number of sessions through the day. There were a number of differences compared to UK based trackdays, with an emphasis on improving your driving skills to move up from A (beginner), B, C and eventually through to D (expert). After each session on track there were 'download sessions' with your group instructor talking you through a video of a perfect lap, later in the day he followed different drivers with front and rear video on his car so that the group could then analyse lines and technique. Much more structure than our European days, maybe not as much fun, but it is safer and a better learning environment, I'm not sure that Tom and I would get away with your sliding antics!? Windows had to be down so that clear arm signals could be given, with overtaking zones clearly marked at 3 points of the track only. Not sure I'd fancy driving with my windows down in January at Snetterton?! Out here it worked well, with the 100mph breeze most welcome in the heat.
I was happy to be passenger with Ivan for the first two sessions in 'B' group, I was a bit naughty by taking a couple of quick photos and a video from my phone which quite rightly got us black flagged, I think they let me off once they knew it was the British tourist getting holiday snaps! Ivans driving was smooth and we kept up with others in the group with no problem, overtaking plenty too. I was impressed with the standard brakes which stood up to 20+ minutes hard driving in what was a very hot day (past 30 degrees in the shade). It was my turn to take the wheel for the third session, just before lunch. Laguna Seca is a circuit I've wanted to drive for decades, I was so excited! Very conscious I was in a new friends car on a circuit that's new to me and still a bit fuzzy headed from the cold, therefore I drove briskly but carefully. Ivan had new tyres put on before the event so I restricted any sliding to just a few moments out of turn 11. :wink:
A brilliant experience, the corkscrew is superb, you can't see the right hander such is the drop, you just have to guess and chuck the car down the slope. Being completely standard this car felt different to mine, with less powerful brakes and softer suspension but still familiar. Ivan kindly said I could drive the car again in the afternoon, but with my sensible head on I politely declined. Not feeling 100% and having not broken anything it was better to want more than have any kind of disaster.
Elizabeth had signed on as a passenger and I chatted to the instructor who was happy to take her out for some laps, in the end she did two separate stints in the Audi TT RS, the second when chasing other cars to get video footage, coming back with a big grin.
Lunchtime was an opportunity to drink more water and visit the well stocked merchandise store where I stocked up on a years supply of new T shirts!
More passenger laps in the pm with Ivan which was great fun, the M really is quick and we had a number of different drivers come over and chat to ask about it (fairly rare to see M roadsters on track this side of the pond too it seems). Beth and I walked up the dusty, parched hill to look at the Corkscrew up close then back to the paddock to buy photos.
I've chatted before to Tom about wanting to own a V8 at some stage in the future and I couldn't leave without asking for a go in a Corvette. I introduced myself to an older guy with a mean looking C6 Grandsport Centennial edition and asked for a pax lap and for the next 20 minutes enjoyed 430bhp and 6.2 litres of V8 growl, yeeeaaahhhh!
The kindness of strangers amazes me sometimes, Ivan had never met me, we'd exchanged just a few emails and yet he was happy to trust me with his pride and joy. the guys at Hooked On Driving were excellent and didn't charge me anything except the helmet hire (no charge for Elizabeths helmet). Almost all the Americans we'd met on the holiday had been so welcoming and friendly, interested to hear where we were from. The guys at the trackday had been the friendliest bunch yet.
I hope to be able to return the favour in my car when Ivan and his girlfriend visit Europe next year.

Shower and change at the hotel and out into Monterey for dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp! Yup, a franchise had been set up after the Forrest Gump film success with branches in a number of major cities across the world. We knew what to expect, it wasn't going to be high quality cuisine but it could be fun. We both ordered different shrimp dishes and chuckled at all of the Forrest Gump references on the menu, walls, signs, TVs, everywhere! OMG we were stuffed, I LOVE Shrimp but it was almost too much for me to finish (almost :D ). I'd not had a milkshake yet on the trip and as this is also a favourite of mine I couldn't not have one when we passed a traditional diner, so we both had milkshakes as dessert. A good job they built the Mustang with suspension to cope with fatties!
Back to the hotel in Monterey to browse US ebay and other motoring sites looking at Corvette prices........hee hee. A brilliant day, one we will always remember.

The only video I have sadly (Ivan hadn't set a camera up in his car yet)
https://www.facebook.com/david.smithera ... 478767102/

Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car

Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:20 pm

Day 7 Wednesday 28th Sept. Woke up still full, I couldn't think of eating any more shrimp! When checking out of the hotel we asked if any of the hotel tourist flyers contained discount vouchers for the Monterey Aquarium, glad we asked as it saved us $20.
The aquarium was brilliant, the best I've ever seen (and I've visited a few, hence my username), with the centre piece the million gallon tank with a shoal of Sardines, Hammerhead Shark, adult Green Turtle and HUGE Tuna, very impressive. The Sea Otters were so cute, as were the ducks that we could see diving down, completely oblivious to the Shark swimming beneath them!
The Staff were all helpful and we were lucky to be able to see wild Sea Otter in the bay, playing in the Kelp. It was much quieter than expected, guessing during the summer or on a weekend it is probably packed though. We paid for 5 hours parking and even then it was still a rush at the end to see everything.
Back in the Mustang, we tried a Goodyear dealer who said it was unlikely that anyone would have the Mustang rear tyre in stock as everything was available next day so we carried on with the space saver. Fog was drifting in from the ocean so we gave a miss to driving the scenic route and headed straight for Carmel. Pretty place with a big beach, but the cloud and fog made it feel chilly. Interesting to watch wild Hummingbird, although once again we only managed to photograph the least colourful ones! We continued down PCH1 towards Big Sur for our first taste of the dramatic coastal scenery we'd heard so much about.
Dinner at the Big Sur River Inn, mmmm, nice steak with garlic mash and veg. Our overnight was just up the road in a little wooden cabin, really sweet, within the woods, very peaceful.

https://www.facebook.com/david.smithera ... 138837102/

https://www.facebook.com/david.smithera ... 139857102/

https://www.facebook.com/david.smithera ... 156907102/

Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car

Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:14 pm

Not sure if anyone is interested but I may as well finish this thread....

Day 8 Thursday 29th Sept. Daylight showed us the pretty, peaceful woodland we'd slept in. The plan had been to visit Pfeiffer Beach and then find breakfast but we were peckish and it seemed sensible to feed Elizabeths cold. Just up the road from the cabin was a quaint diner that served one of the best breakfasts we'd ever had. Hash brown, Omelette with green chilli, mushrooms and two cheeses, sour dough toast, Latte and more.
Now full we hit the beach, the weather was warm, but not hot, with fog still lingering. Whilst photographing the surf splashing through the arch I had a little accident (got soaked). After an hour of trying to dry off we trudged up the beach and back in the car, I still had soggy undies, yuk.
Highway 1 was everything we had been expecting: dramatic and breathtaking, whilst going on for miles and miles. I stopped the car so many times for photos and to try to memorise what I was seeing.
Elizabeth had been reading last night about the rare California Condor and we were very fortunate to see half a dozen of them at one of our stops!
Then the fog came in :( We had hours of the stuff which was a shame, so a stop for some sickly sweet sodas and on we went again.
Next stop, Elephant Seals. A beach full of them, nice to see that the beach is out of bounds to tourists. Noisy things, sometimes stroppy with each other, but mostly cute the way the females flick sand on themselves.
Back in the car, drove past Hearst Castle and the remnants of the eccentric owners zoo (Zebra) and on to Morro Bay. We had wanted to explore the tide pools (rock pools) and see the volcanic Morro Rock but the fog returned so we settled for finding somewhere for dinner. We had a view over the harbour, watched seals playing and a Great Blue Egret fishing in front of us. I tried the Oysters with Devilled Crab whilst Elizabeth chose the Sole and Almonds with a weird pancake/omelette covering. We shared a Mud Pie for pud (it was huge), yum. Back in the car for the last time and overnight in Pismo Beach.

Looks like other people thought that a white Mustang would be a good choice!

A sea of fog covered the Pacific.

Mmmmm! Black Cherry Cream

https://www.facebook.com/david.smithera ... 447982102/
Humingbird video

https://www.facebook.com/david.smithera ... 514967102/

https://www.facebook.com/david.smithera ... 516577102/

More sea fog looming

Day 9 Friday 30th Sept.
Hotel was a stereotypical two storey Motel, perfectly acceptable for a night, clean, affordable. A 2 minute walk and we were on the beach and pier, another misty morning, but sun was forecast. From the pier we saw a Sea Otter breaking open Clams whilst it cruised along on its back, the video clip was from my phone which has made the little Otter look tiny. Just as we were about to leave Pismo Beach I looked out to sea and saw a Whale blow, over the next five minutes we saw quite a number of fins and more spouts, most likely from Humpbacks.

PCH1 continued for many more miles, not as dramatic scenery but still pretty and for a time past thousands of acres of farmland (fruit mostly). Next stop was Santa Barbara with golden beaches, palm trees and a friendly, busy atmosphere. The parking throughout our trip had been excellent despite the touristy locations, we didn't pay once. Walked on the long pier and still feeling quite full from breakfast (this was 2pm!) I just ordered a sandwich whilst Beth had a Tuna melt, we would share the fries and fruit it came with. The portions were enormous, I could barely fit the width of the sarnie in my mouth. What we couldn't manage was put in a box which did for dinner later that night! Santa Barbara is somewhere we could have spent so much longer at, the sun was hot so we sat on the beach for an hour watching the Pelicans and Seals.
With time passing and many more miles to cover before returning the car to Los Angeles we moved on towards Malibu. Beth was feeling a bit better and did a couple of stints driving which she enjoyed. Miles of pretty coastline followed as the sun went down. We were thinking of popping into the Malibu state park where much of the series MASH was filmed but knowing that the traffic in LA could be bad we pressed on. A good job that we did as the Friday evening traffic was hellish on each part of the Interstate we travelled on, a good hour and a half spent crawling along, the only hold up we'd experienced on the roadtrip. A final top up of petrol to return the car full and once again amusement that we could barely fit in $40 dollars worth; and the Yanks moan at the cost of $2.90 a gallon!
Returning the car was easy enough as our hotel was just across the road from Avis. The trusty Mustang had been a great choice, well worth the cost of the upgrade and I'd seriously consider the 5 litre V8 we can now buy in the UK in RHD (but as a manual not the dimwitted auto we had). It's quite cheaply built and really only a 2 seater, but it was easy to drive, sounded nice and was the right tool for the job. We covered just under 1100 miles of which most of that was done on a space saver spare, averaging 25mpg.
The most useful bit of kit we brought from home was a simple phone holder that uses the cd slot as a mount. I had downloaded Google maps of the area so we didn't need to pay for data to use sat nav.
Overnight in a 'Super 8' hotel, nothing great but convenient location with a shuttle to take us to the airport in the morning. Time to tuck into that warm, leftover sandwich....

https://www.facebook.com/david.smithera ... 605492102/

Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car

ZAR4MC

Post by ZAR4MC » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:03 pm

Looks Like you had an amazing Trip dave, Thanks for Sharing... How'd did it feel going around Laguna Seca?
07 Z4 M Coupe - Sapphire Black/Imola Red

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Enjoyed reading that thanks for posting.

The Z4M looked good on track and the photos of all the white Mustangs made me laugh. The fog over the ocean looked incredible - what a trip :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:23 am

ZAR4MC wrote: How'd did it feel going around Laguna Seca?
In addition to the comments above, I can say that the circuit was shorter than expected, at just over 2.2 miles. It also doesn't have any sections where you could get much above 115mph, but it does have some nice challenges, the braking area into the tight hairpin after the start/finish being one of them. I can imagine it is a brilliant track to race on, with a number of different lines to take and not so wide as to make overtaking too easy.
The hot weather meant we were able to drive with the roof and windows down and wear shorts and T shirts, so much more pleasant than windows open a crack and arms and legs covered as in the UK. 8)
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car

jonrx7uk

Post by jonrx7uk » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:26 am

Brilliant write up, really enjoyed reading that. I've always fancied doing that part of the world too. Thanks
E89 2.0i LCI - Valencia Orange

Toe-side

Post by Toe-side » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:03 pm

Great write up! Looks like you had a great time. Getting on the track must have been fantastic. :thumbsup:
We had 3 days in San Francisco Alcatraz and all the sights then camping and walking in Yosemite with Incredible tours Back to SF for one night flew to Vegas for 2 nights and Grand canyon Picked up a Mustang at Vegas drove around and through the the Mojave park Route 66 stopped at Barstow, then up the US1 onto Santa Maria then Monterey and back to SF.
I recognise many of the places in the pictures.
I think we were both lucky with the weather!!
Great stuff :thumbsup:
Before: 2003 3.0 Roadster, Porsche Boxster 987S Now 981S
Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive

Polarbert

Post by Polarbert » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:02 am

Fishy Dave wrote:
Polarbert wrote:Laguna Seca is a brilliant track. Had a nosey around when we stayed in Monterey for our honeymoon.

If by any chance you're in the San Diego area I'd be more than happy to show you around my yank Imola Red Z4M. Be nice to hear an English accent again!
Thanks for the offer, sadly time/money restricts much in the way of detours. Are you the same Polarbert on Pistonheads? :)

Why yes that would be me. Good fortune has brought me to California and the owner of a Z4M. Dying to get an exhaust on it but strapped for cash at the moment.

Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:59 pm

Polarbert wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:02 am Why yes that would be me. Good fortune has brought me to California and the owner of a Z4M. Dying to get an exhaust on it but strapped for cash at the moment.
You may have seen that we went back in January: https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-ame ... week/38528
Beth had very limited holiday so it was a bit of a packed schedule, but brilliant none the less.
I can highly recommend exhaust cutout(s) for the M, cost effective, as loud or quiet as you could possibly want at the touch of a button and reversible at a later stage too. I suspect California's smog check might be a problem though? :spy:
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car