Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
Austin

M market watch

Post by Austin » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:13 am

Maybe this little debate needs a seperate thread, so we can get back to current vehicles for sale and market values.

End of the day we all have our own opinions in life and on cars, but we are all here because we enjoy the Z.
///MC - Bought to drive. Eventuri / Eibachs / Stubby added

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by original guvnor » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:20 am

No I think Mr Wilks is right. We've done it do death already.

Yorkie Z

M market watch

Post by Yorkie Z » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:43 am

The Best M in the country!!!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 3203486763

Love this part of the description :rofl:
To fit a good wrap on it like this one the car had to be as new bodywork wise or they would not touch it.
A Dirty M///

srhutch

M market watch

Post by srhutch » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:51 am

:rofl:

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole with a wrap on. Unless there are detailed photos of the car being wrapped showing the bodywork condition.

Could be scratched to buggery under there or panels in different colours.

Hasn't even cleaned the exhausts :thumbsdown:

Angelus666

M market watch

Post by Angelus666 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:40 am

Ok that part seems a bit silly, but that looks a good car, well looked after and all the big money recently spent on it. Worth a closer look if the servicing detail is all correct...

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by Ewazix » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:16 am

srhutch wrote::rofl:

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole with a wrap on. Unless there are detailed photos of the car being wrapped showing the bodywork condition.

Could be scratched to buggery under there or panels in different colours.

Hasn't even cleaned the exhausts :thumbsdown:
I'd agree, anybody willing to pay £21k for a wrapped car with no photo history of the original paintwork would be some kind of gambler, any takers?. Surely the seller would have thought of this and photographed the car before/during? Seems a bit whiffy to me :thumbsdown:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Angelus666

M market watch

Post by Angelus666 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:57 am

It really wouldn't bother me if I was in the market, and IMO the matt grey wrap looks good on the car, adds a stealth look.

I'd imagine there are pictures of before/after (would seem a miss to not have them)....and if you're spending £1000 on a wrap for the car why would we think the car was abused before?

Muckinonthesofa

M market watch

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:10 am

Yorkie Z wrote:The Best M in the country!!!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 3203486763

Love this part of the description :rofl:
To fit a good wrap on it like this one the car had to be as new bodywork wise or they would not touch it.
It gets more attention than any of the supercars at the golf club, need I say more...

Er, no! :o
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

Viren

M market watch

Post by Viren » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:34 am

A wrapped car is not a problem in my eyes. As long he can show pics of it pre wrap and you account for some paint enhancements in your offer, if its mechanically sound then whats the problem. I quite like the colour although the description is quite funny.
07 Z4MC standard spec

tjlazer

M market watch

Post by tjlazer » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:24 pm

What's the view on number of previous owners? To me 5+ isn't unusual with this type of car but i played around with the WBAC quotes and it makes a huge difference to the price. I'm not sure that it does in real life, as long as the history is solid. I ask as I'm the 5th owner of mine!
WAS: black on black MR with carbon trim. NOW: IB/Champagne/Carbon ZMC

JAD

M market watch

Post by JAD » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:37 pm

tjlazer wrote:What's the view on number of previous owners? To me 5+ isn't unusual with this type of car but i played around with the WBAC quotes and it makes a huge difference to the price. I'm not sure that it does in real life, as long as the history is solid. I ask as I'm the 5th owner of mine!
Change of car every three years for most people that drive for a living... plus sports cars are usually impulse purchases for 1-2 years until house/child/divorce etc so 5 owners in 10 years is the norm, in my eyes. It's the last of things on my list to be honest, unless it is unreasonably high in a short period of time, eluding to a problem.

Muckinonthesofa

M market watch

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:41 pm

JAD wrote:
tjlazer wrote:What's the view on number of previous owners? To me 5+ isn't unusual with this type of car but i played around with the WBAC quotes and it makes a huge difference to the price. I'm not sure that it does in real life, as long as the history is solid. I ask as I'm the 5th owner of mine!
Change of car every three years for most people that drive for a living... plus sports cars are usually impulse purchases for 1-2 years until house/child/divorce etc so 5 owners in 10 years is the norm, in my eyes. It's the last of things on my list to be honest, unless it is unreasonably high in a short period of time, eluding to a problem.
I agree. Before I got mine a was a bit concerned at the amount of owners until it was apparent it was the norm. I ended up buying one with 5 owners.
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

JAD

M market watch

Post by JAD » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Muckinonthesofa wrote:
JAD wrote:
I agree. Before I got mine a was a bit concerned at the amount of owners until it was apparent it was the norm. I ended up buying one with 5 owners.
Do you know, I have no idea how many mine has had... I'll check later because it's intrigued me. All I remember is it had two dealers in quick succession as it came out of storage, had insp2 and then was sold to me 3-4k miles later.

Mister T

M market watch

Post by Mister T » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Angelus666 wrote:It really wouldn't bother me if I was in the market, and IMO the matt grey wrap looks good on the car, adds a stealth look.

I'd imagine there are pictures of before/after (would seem a miss to not have them)....and if you're spending £1000 on a wrap for the car why would we think the car was abused before?
Because £1000 for a wrap is cheaper than £2500 for a respary...

Yorkie Z

M market watch

Post by Yorkie Z » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:20 pm

Viren wrote:A wrapped car is not a problem in my eyes. As long he can show pics of it pre wrap and you account for some paint enhancements in your offer, if its mechanically sound then whats the problem. I quite like the colour although the description is quite funny.
No I wouldn't have a problem with a wrapped car, but as you say I'd want to see a bucket load of pictures before the wrap and during.
A Dirty M///