Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
LostBoy_84

M market watch

Post by LostBoy_84 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:33 pm

MrPT wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:29 pm
LostBoy_84 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:25 pm This car stands out to me as good value at that asking price from a dealer for the mileage and with a nice rare interior combo.
If you're planning to keep the mileage to a few thousand a year then this could be a good choice, I'd lose the kidney stickers personally though.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ars&page=2
Still for sale - anybody been to see it? Some of the pics do suggest a bit of neglect, but it's always hard to tell. £22k asking price for 45,000 miles seems worth a sniff around.
Higher mileage cars have recently sold around the same price so I guess it must be poor condition/ service history?
Goes to show you can’t always judge an advert very easily, or go by lower mileage.
Gone but not forgotten
2007 Z4///M Coupé | Silver Grey | Imola Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Nav | Cruise | PDC | Heated Seats | CSL's | H&R's

Current
2009 Ibis White Audi R8 V10 | 6-speed Manual | Lots of Carbon

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:48 pm

LostBoy_84 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:25 pm This car stands out to me as good value at that asking price from a dealer for the mileage and with a nice rare interior combo.
If you're planning to keep the mileage to a few thousand a year then this could be a good choice, I'd lose the kidney stickers personally though.
Still for sale - anybody been to see it? Some of the pics do suggest a bit of neglect, but it's always hard to tell. £22k asking price for 45,000 miles seems worth a sniff around.
"IF " i was on the hunt for a ZMC that car may appeal for the miles , colour + trim then my radar would be sounding off :(
dodgy grill decals & completely odd front tyres would be enough for me to be very wary & the thought of handing over anything close to £22k ???? No mention of history & you can bet it hasn't just had its Ins2 otherwise you would expect the seller to have mentioned it :?
Id have a look but before i even set off £18k would be the max spend as i suspect whoever buys will see the dark side of £2k disappear from the wallet pretty swiftly :cry:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Havard

M market watch

Post by Havard » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:54 am

mr wilks wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:48 pm
"IF " i was on the hunt for a ZMC that car may appeal for the miles , colour + trim then my radar would be sounding off :(
dodgy grill decals & completely odd front tyres would be enough for me to be very wary & the thought of handing over anything close to £22k ???? No mention of history & you can bet it hasn't just had its Ins2 otherwise you would expect the seller to have mentioned it :?
Id have a look but before i even set off £18k would be the max spend as i suspect whoever buys will see the dark side of £2k disappear from the wallet pretty swiftly :cry:
It's the wonky panel gaps on the front end that worry me. Looks like the passenger wing has defo had paint and the bumper is a mile out on the pics. You can guarantee it doesn't look good in the flesh. It's a no from me...!!

*Looking again, it may be that the bonnet isn't shut on one side properly. Either way, I wouldn't have been advertising it with that looking the way it does.
ImageImage

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by tomscott » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:09 am

Been for sale for an age. Good miles and £ screams to me as problematic.

Looked at this months ago as I liked the interior but the bonnet being out wasn't sure if it was shut properly... but mine never did that as the catch is in the centre... why it would be off at an angle. Suggests somethings not quite right.

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by Z4M-2006 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:54 am

Z4's have a bonnet lock on either side , the secondary release handle is in the centre position ..

Anyway...
Car looks unkept, POV spec,cheaply maintained,badly advertised and it's blue

Asking price is laughable., that's why he still has it lodged up his arse

Havard

M market watch

Post by Havard » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:27 am

Z4M-2006 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:54 am Z4's have a bonnet lock on either side , the secondary release handle is in the centre position ..
That is what I was saying, if one lock works and the other one doesn't then you get a wonky bonnet. Then everything else looks crooked too. If you shut the bonnet gently, mine will do this unless you give it a prod in both corners.

I have no idea why anyone would take a sale photo with the bonnet in that position though, but everyone to their own.

H.
ImageImage

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by Z4M-2006 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:14 am

Yep.

Agreed..

Or with the "M" decal grill, ridiculously crap in every way

tjlazer

M market watch

Post by tjlazer » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:23 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:54 am Z4's have a bonnet lock on either side , the secondary release handle is in the centre position ..

Anyway...
Car looks unkept, POV spec,cheaply maintained,badly advertised and it's blue

Asking price is laughable., that's why he still has it lodged up his arse
Careful now...blue is the true M colour :)
WAS: black on black MR with carbon trim. NOW: IB/Champagne/Carbon ZMC

Angelus666

M market watch

Post by Angelus666 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:28 pm

Has anyone actually seen this car recently then? It seems a tad harsh to batter it from just a few pictures... :headbang:

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by tomscott » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:49 pm

Angelus666 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:28 pm Has anyone actually seen this car recently then? It seems a tad harsh to batter it from just a few pictures... :headbang:
Its been sat there for the best part of the year and its cheap so theres obviously something not quite right not just the images.

Surely any decent seller would have updated the images since then with the visual mistakes. The good ones go asap.

LostBoy_84

M market watch

Post by LostBoy_84 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:02 pm

tomscott wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:49 pm
Angelus666 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:28 pm Has anyone actually seen this car recently then? It seems a tad harsh to batter it from just a few pictures... :headbang:
Its been sat there for the best part of the year and its cheap so theres obviously something not quite right not just the images.
Looking at my market log it was for sale from BMW in March 2017 at £26k, not sure if it sold or just moved to the current dealer but it was first listed with Gravelwood in August 2017.
Gone but not forgotten
2007 Z4///M Coupé | Silver Grey | Imola Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Nav | Cruise | PDC | Heated Seats | CSL's | H&R's

Current
2009 Ibis White Audi R8 V10 | 6-speed Manual | Lots of Carbon

Angelus666

M market watch

Post by Angelus666 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Not that unusual for cars to move around dealers looking to refresh their stock, swap a e92 for a Z4MC, etc...the normal is 6 weeks max to keep a car and then move it on to keep things ticking over.

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by original guvnor » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:09 pm

A lot of assumptions made about the Gravelwood car. Has anyone actually bothered to ring them?

I don't think you can justifiably call it poverty spec either - it's got cruise, heated seats, parking sensors, bi-leather. Just doesn't have Nav (a lot don't like it) or the upgraded stereo. What evidence is there that it's been cheaply maintained? If I've missed some proof on an earlier page then forgive me but I haven't seen any evidence other than it might have mismatched tyres. The current dealer might have put those on. We've assumed it hasn't had I2 as well but nobody has actually confirmed that have they? The bonnet doesn't mean it's been pranged as others have said.

I'm sure it would need more scrutiny but don't sling mud without facts.

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by Z4M-2006 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:26 pm

It ran out of MOT 7 months ago, nobody could even be arsed to renew it.

Mismatched tyres
Mismatched panels
6 previous owners
Previously been for sale at £17,850 and £14,995
Its been for sale for over a year..

How many more alarm bells need to ring before the sh1tter alarm tolls.

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by original guvnor » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:32 pm

I wouldn't necessarily trust the MOT database. My Countryman was MOT'd before I bought it but the dealer didn't update the database so it looked like it was overdue when it wasn't. Not sure the number of owners is a problem on a car like this that's 10 years old. The mismatched tyres may have been a dealer thing not the previous owner etc.....

I'm not saying it's a beauty just that it needs a proper look into before its gets slated. That's all. Nobody has driven it or inspected it in person.