Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
ChrisT70

M market watch

Post by ChrisT70 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:51 am

It's a fair point, the rest of the mot history is spotless, I just wonder how well the owners look after cars when I see the same stuff on mot history year after year not being attended to.

srhutch

M market watch

Post by srhutch » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:16 am

ChrisT70 wrote:It's a fair point, the rest of the mot history is spotless, I just wonder how well the owners look after cars when I see the same stuff on mot history year after year not being attended to.
The spring gets one mention 08/10/13

The tyres two mentions 21/09/15 and 23/09/15 (2 days apart)

I don't think you can draw any conclusions from that as nothing has re-appeared the following year.

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by tomscott » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:44 am

LostBoy_84 wrote:Anyone looking for a low mileage M Coupe, this one looks the best buy right now http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... ue/6878994
That looks absolutely lovely at a real life price with a good spec and great milage! Will be snapped up in no time.

This market price adjustment is getting silly imo.

ChrisT70

M market watch

Post by ChrisT70 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:20 am

It's certainly more realistically priced than other recent sales with 30k on the clock.

jimmybell

M market watch

Post by jimmybell » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:08 pm

srhutch wrote:
ChrisT70 wrote:
LostBoy_84 wrote:Anyone looking for a low mileage M Coupe, this one looks the best buy right now http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... ue/6878994
Interesting when you read the mot history and it failed an mot for snapped coil spring 2 years after it was first put on the mot advisories, likewise taking it for an mot with 3 tyres with noticeable wear or damage. And supplied by Munich legends previously. Looks tidy enough however but not a stand out colour as such.
Some advisories need to be taken with a pinch of salt.
Indeed - my MOT garage told me i had cords showing on rears, granted the inner edge was pretty worn but there was no cord showing. This is now on my MOT history. Either way the outcome is two new rears within 24 hours, an MOT pass and alignment done.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

jimmybell

M market watch

Post by jimmybell » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:17 pm

ChrisT70 wrote:It's certainly more realistically priced than other recent sales with 30k on the clock.
Surely whether it sells or not dictates whether it's a realistic price?

I mean.. i made this comment 15 pages ago, (cue 15 more pages of 'I wouldn't pay this price so it must be badly priced' posts by people looking to buy into the Z4M space wanting prices to line up with their budgets despite market numbers) and people are still here effectively using this thread to demonise prices they wouldn't pay. I've got good stats to show that these cars do actually sell - thus, if you don't like the rising prices, and are also being VERY picky about 10+ year old cars... its not the ads that are on the wrong side of realistic.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

Muckinonthesofa

M market watch

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:07 pm

jimmybell wrote:
ChrisT70 wrote:It's certainly more realistically priced than other recent sales with 30k on the clock.
Surely whether it sells or not dictates whether it's a realistic price?

I mean.. i made this comment 15 pages ago, (cue 15 more pages of 'I wouldn't pay this price so it must be badly priced' posts by people looking to buy into the Z4M space wanting prices to line up with their budgets despite market numbers) and people are still here effectively using this thread to demonise prices they wouldn't pay. I've got good stats to show that these cars do actually sell - thus, if you don't like the rising prices, and are also being VERY picky about 10+ year old cars... its not the ads that are on the wrong side of realistic.
I'm inclined to agree with this. :thumbsup:
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

ChrisT70

M market watch

Post by ChrisT70 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:28 pm

Always a buyer for every car. I advertised my Sunbeam lotus for 2 grand more than I hoped to get and the buyer paid cash in full without a test drive just on recommendation from someone who knew my car. Of all the adverts I've seen so far nothing has jumped off the page, the one with 30k miles is at least looking realistic is all, 70k miles is my limit I guess. Something will come along I'm sure, not trying to put cars down in any way.

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by Z4M-2006 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:46 am

I wish I would have never sold my lotus sunbeam ....

£2000 , that was around 1998 though lol

ChrisT70

M market watch

Post by ChrisT70 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:55 am

25k and up now, mine was concours and show winner 2 years on trot with both clubs. Loved that car!
Rwd, lsd, quick.... mmm I'm sensing some similarities :-)

ChrisT70

M market watch

Post by ChrisT70 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:59 am

Z4M-2006 wrote:I wish I would have never sold my lotus sunbeam ....

£2000 , that was around 1998 though lol

Just noticed you are in High Peak, I'm in Sheffield. Once the weather is better would you be willing to perhaps let me look at your car and maybe show me any pointers or things to look for when viewing? You can have a go in the R8 if you like :-)
Is yours imola red? My favourite bmw colour. My old e39 530 was in that colour

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by Z4M-2006 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:26 am

I'm only over the woodhead .. not far at all..

Sadly the M coupe has now gone, I now have a GTR.

Imola is my personal favourite colour, I also had an E39 sport in imola...

If you need any pointers though feel free to ask, had all the best Z's ;)

afennell

M market watch

Post by afennell » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:33 am

mc5 wrote:This one looks a good buy but has seen some track action :D

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Detai ... 3-race-car

:thumbsup:

Argenta

M market watch

Post by Argenta » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:13 am

Seems Europe prices has took a hike up lately..
Esp. Coupe's.

Could be the time of year, looking at Alfa 75's they've gone up aswell.

ChrisT70

M market watch

Post by ChrisT70 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:46 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote:I'm only over the woodhead .. not far at all..

Sadly the M coupe has now gone, I now have a GTR.

Imola is my personal favourite colour, I also had an E39 sport in imola...

If you need any pointers though feel free to ask, had all the best Z's ;)
Ah no worries. My e39 530 sport was a beautiful car, loved it. Not had an M version as yet, almost got into a CSL a couple of years ago before prices on those went mental too!