Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Custom OEM+ Exhaust

"M" Specific discussion
JAD

Re: Custom OEM+ Exhaust

Post by JAD » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:38 pm

Sorry to revive an old thread - jimmybell, where in SW London are you chap? I live in Balham and I'd like a little more noise from my OEM exhaust, so would buy you a beer at your local for a listen!

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:04 pm

Nice revival i had missed Ben's comment thanks lad :thumbsup:
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Dogmatic6

Post by Dogmatic6 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:50 pm

I'm the owner of the exhausts MM did for gwatson.
I don't mind the rasp as it quietens down a bit once the engine is warm :) nice deep rumble at idle and I like the MM tips!

I am tempted by the Stromungs though! oh and the eventuri intake....doh need to stop spending money.
Z4M Silver Grey with Red Leather

jimmybell

Post by jimmybell » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:09 pm

I'm in Earlsfield, Jad. Moving in the next few weeks though, but i'll be still within ~2miles of Balham.

I think mine turned out less raspy than gwatson's, due to a slight design tweak. Would be interesting to hear them compared though!
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

JAD

Post by JAD » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:14 pm

jimmybell wrote:I'm in Earlsfield, Jad. Moving in the next few weeks though, but i'll be still within ~2miles of Balham.

I think mine turned out less raspy than gwatson's, due to a slight design tweak. Would be interesting to hear them compared though!
Excellent, you're minutes away. Would you mind therefore? Perhaps a beer at the Castle and a run out?

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Let me know when you're doing this guys, I'm only a few minutes away from both of you and I'd like to hear it too if I'm free :thumbsup:
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

JAD

Post by JAD » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:11 am

Dogmatic6 wrote:I'm the owner of the exhausts MM did for gwatson.
I don't mind the rasp as it quietens down a bit once the engine is warm :) nice deep rumble at idle and I like the MM tips!

I am tempted by the Stromungs though! oh and the eventuri intake....doh need to stop spending money.
Do you have a link and/or photos chap? My tips (oooh er missus!) are really difficult to get clean after 54k miles without love!

Dogmatic6

Post by Dogmatic6 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:15 pm

JAD wrote:
Dogmatic6 wrote:I'm the owner of the exhausts MM did for gwatson.

Do you have a link and/or photos chap? My tips (oooh er missus!) are really difficult to get clean after 54k miles without love!
Hi Mate,

Please see pics below for MM Tips :) not sure what size they are as gwatson picked them.

Cheers

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:16 pm

They are 76mm or 3" in old money.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Dogmatic6

Post by Dogmatic6 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:20 pm

Machine monkey wrote:They are 76mm or 3" in old money.

:thumbsup: nice one. Good to know!

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:23 pm

And they look great if i do say so myself. Glad your happy with the exhaust :thumbsup:

Dogmatic6

Post by Dogmatic6 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:11 pm

Machine monkey wrote:And they look great if i do say so myself. Glad your happy with the exhaust :thumbsup:
Yeah they are pretty east to keep clean if you keep on top of it :) Its definitely a bit louder than stock with some pops and crackles thrown in.

jimmybell

Post by jimmybell » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:40 pm

Happy to do a mini-meet, bare with me though - i'm mid house purchase process so somewhat pre-occupied with that + work.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

JAD

Custom OEM+ Exhaust

Post by JAD » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:56 pm

Machine monkey wrote:And they look great if i do say so myself. Glad your happy with the exhaust :thumbsup:
So sadly the mini meet never happened as I too was mid house search. I've now moved to just below Wimbledon if anyone is about?

Machine Monkey, I've recently picked up a spare set of rear boxes. Would you have the time to do the mod mk2 mentioned in this thread? I'm keen for more noise but do not want too much rasp, so this sounds spot on :thumbsup:

Many thanks, all!

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Custom OEM+ Exhaust

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:23 pm

JAD wrote:
So sadly the mini meet never happened as I too was mid house search. I've now moved to just below Wimbledon if anyone is about?

Machine Monkey, I've recently picked up a spare set of rear boxes. Would you have the time to do the mod mk2 mentioned in this thread? I'm keen for more noise but do not want too much rasp, so this sounds spot on :thumbsup:

Many thanks, all!

Yeah i would be happy to do them for you. The only thing i would ask is a bit of time to do them. As i have quite a bit on at the moment. and the new baby makes doing this stuff to a deadline a bit tricky.