Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Man Maths required- maintenance costs

"M" Specific discussion
Toneycaroney

Man Maths required- maintenance costs

Post by Toneycaroney » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:52 pm

Monkeydonkeyratmagic wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:42 pm Have you not thought of just getting a rebuild on the TVR? £5k for a 3 year unlimited warranty.

Just seems a shame to sell a TVR at the moment due to running costs and problems when they are doing nothing but surging in price.
I hear what you're saying, but it doesn't need a rebuild, it's just expensive to maintain. Tbh, its not really the engines that are the worry (V8s, anyway). It's everything else! For instance, earlier this year the brake master cylinder failed - £150 for the part but a total bill of £1k (yes really) because you have to remove the pedal box, steering column and a whole load of other s**t to get to it. Everything is like that on a TVR! Plus, you are looking at £600-900 just for an annual service. They are going up in value but not hugely once you factor in the negative effect of putting miles on it (same with a Z4M though I suppose).
E89 30i M Sport manual.