Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Clutch stop query

"M" Specific discussion
john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Clutch stop query

Post by john-e89 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:29 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:25 am You got the CDV removed John ?

May make your clutch action feel better,it did with mine lthough some report little or no difference. It wont make the clutch bite at a different point but made the clutch pedal feel "more natural"...

Maybe worth a try as its free ?
Not yet Gaz, it’s imminent, as soon as I’m back on my feet it’s getting done.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Clutch stop query

Post by john-e89 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:41 pm

BMWZ4MC wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:56 pm
john-e89 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:49 pm
BMWZ4MC wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:48 pm
I don't know either of them but google suggests they're both well respected (assuming it's Alana Hare not Hart?). I hope she gave you encouraging news?

It's the lack of sunshine that's a bit limiting at the moment, rather than a lack of free time...
Oops yes Alana Hare, typo.. :roll:

Well at least she knew timescales etc which i couldn’t get up here in Sheffield. Another year from now before any nerve recovery will start, another year after then for it to recover if it’s going to, which is pretty much 50/50. So all I can do is wait another two years and hope. Glass is half full, not empty, and I’ve put my money on red on the roulette table...let’s hope it lands in it...!! :lol:
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Clutch stop query

Post by BMWZ4MC » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:54 pm

That's a timescale that would try the patients of most people, although the odds aren't too bad I suppose. I hope it lands on red, and sooner than two years, but did she talk about a Plan B?
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Clutch stop query

Post by john-e89 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:14 pm

BMWZ4MC wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:54 pm That's a timescale that would try the patients of most people, although the odds aren't too bad I suppose. I hope your number comes up and sooner than two years. Is there a Plan B?
Thanks although Alana is pretty confident it won’t be before two years as its a high level of paralysis, my lung function on the left is very low hence the 24/7 oxygen, the right lung is still completely static, no movement as of yet and it’s been almost a year since the ablation, but maybe this one will prove her wrong, all I can hope is it gets its backside in gear and grows back. I see her again in December for a 6 month check. What worries me is as far as I understand if the area of paralysed nerve is too great the new shoots of nerves either side of the dead area cannot cross a too large gap, much like if you don’t let runner bean shoots wind up a pole they just fall over, and as this is a high paralysis level it’s on my mind, but I’ll talk to her about it next visit. No plan B, there’s no treatment if it doesn’t recover, all they can do is plicate the diaphragm, pull it down and pin it, which is not reversible. I’ll be on oxygen for life, I can’t think about it too much, I’ll deal with it if it happens.

Thanks for your interest, it’s much appreciated. :thumbsup:
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29